where to shop for trucks

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maestoso

Reaction score
Looking for a truck. I am looking for pre-owned and prefer to buy it from somewhere that doesn't get a winter(south). I prefer diesel and wold be looking for something to use for farm/towing. Nothing smaller than a 2500/250/etc. Any ideas on websites, dealerships, or other resources that would have what I am looking for would be great. If you have something for sale yourself PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD WITH IT, as they will probably delete it.

Thanks!

My husband used to do horse transport down to Texas a lot. A close friend of his did a similar route with llamas all the time..........

The two of them have always wished they could grab the diesel pickups out of New Mexico, Arizona that were being sold during the winter. Sadly, the "Snow Birds" (retired people) who head south with their travel trailers sometimes end up with one the spouses either getting sick or passing away. So the surviving spouse puts both the truck and the RV up for sale. Because there are so many, the market is very reasonable.

My husband used to do horse transport down to Texas a lot. A close friend of his did a similar route with llamas all the time..........

The two of them have always wished they could grab the diesel pickups out of New Mexico, Arizona that were being sold during the winter. Sadly, the "Snow Birds" (retired people) who head south with their travel trailers sometimes end up with one the spouses either getting sick or passing away. So the surviving spouse puts both the truck and the RV up for sale. Because there are so many, the market is very reasonable.
When I went truck shopping a few years back I made my list of Must Have items.Started calling dealerships who specialize in trucks and gave them list and my phone number.Some called back with most of the things on list, but I was very Specific about my needs.Several called and said it has most of what you wanted, but it is blue(I specified Red or White only)Finally found exactly what I wanted and am very happy with it.Final payment in Jan 2011 and then it will be even better.There is an excellent publication called Lancaster Farming that comes out weekly and has tons of trucks in it.Let me know and I can send you the truck section.I hate vehicle shopping-many salesmen treat women like we have STUPID written on our foreheads.I hope my truck and car last forever so I don't have to go through the process again.Good luck finding your truck.

Latest posts

Back