Where to get wooden cart for CDE?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course we want to see your wooden cart, at least I do! I'm always looking at carts. Would love to see the modifications to the mini-crown that you had done.

I've had a couple modified - I did't like the metal shafts on my no-name ez entry cart so had new ones put on. Wish I'd had the seat re-sprung - may take it back to do that...

I think I'm must be the one single person that regrets buying a minicrown.

Cons
- I find it heavy
of my wood cart let me know.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bellcrown carts feel heavy to pull empty. Put a driver in the seat and they float.

'Mom wrote,

I wanted a hyperbike badly but I am not limber and my boy does not have a steady stand or whoa all the time so.

The geezer in me totally understands the limberness issue. This is somewhat of a fixed given. The steady stand on the other hand is a training issue. The horse should stand no matter which rig it is put to. The 'Bike is just more sensitive to this command. This command should be "in the stable" before the animal is ever put to anything imo.

Miss Gwyneth wrote,

Unfortunately the Fox Lane carts would be too heavy for my guy, too bad as they are beautiful. I don' really like the look of the HyperBike, but thanks for the suggestions!

Desiring a lightweight cart is admirable and places the horse first in the equation. This is leading by serving the horse and it's welfare. However, the second sentence demotes the horse in favor of "looks". I have a hunch (backed by 19 years experience with the 'Bike) that if the horse had a choice in the matter it wouldn't care about "looks" at all. They DO have opinions and do make choices, if allowed to.

It all comes down to effective leadership starting in servant-hood. If we serve the horse first, the human constructs will be swept outa the way in favor of the best way for that individual horse.

As always, I am so grateful to those that give us a chance and really see what it is we are trying to do for the mini. Those that aren't sure, we encourage to just take a drive and see for yourself. If you let the horse decide the matter, I will look forward to speaking with you soon and serving, first your horse, and then you.

Some will chaff at these truths. Others will take the message forward and infect as many as possible, always prompting them to "Put the horse first in all things".

Whether you hate this or not, I AM grateful for your time,

Bb

Agreed Carriage... major training issue on the whoa and you are totally right. I am going back to beginning on my boy and line driving and starting all over from ground up. Had my little wreck and agreed I need more training. Note my emphasis on the I need more training. My boy is awesome, it is me that messes up my boy and I am working on myself more, he tells me exactly what I need to do and I listen. My whoa was doing great and then my driving wasn't regular enough for my boy and we slipped in training and I take total responsibility for MY lack of steady whoa. By listening to my boy he has come quite far from a crabby grouchy in your face little stinker to a personable little in my pocket little guy that loves me to pieces. I refuse to put to my cart again until I get things worked out on the ground. Yep.

I think the hyperbike is super cute personally. I am getting more and more limber, working on it every day. . who knows ... still might be a future hyperbike person. Never hate what you say Bob, love your postings. I am a member of your hyperbike club even though I have a different cart.
default_smile.png

Hey Mom,

I had hoped that I had not come across to hard as that is certainly not my intent. Most often it is the human part of the equation that needs the work. Any dog trainer worth their salt will most likely tell you that 90% of their effort in training is for the human, not the dog. Because of our ability to introduce "things" and "mindsets" to a situation where they don't belong, we retard both the growth of our animal and ourselves.

As the leader, we must always asses both the situation and ourselves brutally. Doing this allows us to set things straight and start over if necessary. I always assume that I am the weak link and focus on doing things better. While there are a host of tidbits to be gleaned in traveling this topic, in the end, putting the horse first in all things will also put us in the horses head and allow us to see and feel them where they are and what they are communicating to us. When we do this consistently all the human constructs disappear and we become that effective servant to the horse and infective to those around us as to the better way. And THAT is always Superior Leadership.

Applaud you in your reset. You are doing the things just described. Outstanding.

Bb

Latest posts

Back