Where to get warning signs?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karma Creek Minis

Reaction score
yesterday doing some gardening I was putting mulch in around our new flowers, I look over and there is a neighbor (she lives behind us) in the front of my main paddock about to feed my horses without EVEN asking she was about to give them something i couldnt see it, until she spots me and then asks if she can feed them?! So if I wasnt there she would have just fed them anyway! It was just a carrot but it was a very large carrot even my paint horse wouldnt have eaten all at once! and she gave him the whole thing didnt even bother to break it and then i got on this worry about choke
default_wacko.png
: so hubby said we need to get signs a post them all around

horses are fine but i am always having a problem with this lady she just doesnt get it. I have caught her lab mix in my paddocks "playing" with my horses I told her next time hes in there im going to shoot him. there is a leash law.

So where do i find them signs! Thanks for letting me ramble on.. :lol:

I saw some various signs like that at at a Tractor Supply Company store once. Otherwise do a search on Ebay. I picked up a bunch of plastic and metal signs just by doing a search like that. Good luck!

Do you have a small graphic company in your town that can make them up?

I had ours done, good size, chose my own colors and were $12 a piece.

Like a company that does signs.

You can always make one, as I am getting ready to do. Get a piece of square wood, and a burner pen (at the craft area of say Walmart), and you can write whatever you want. I plan to post a sign so that neighbors don't feed, pet or enter. You can't be too careful now days, I actually had a neighbor ask me if my horse can eat vegetables. I had to explain to her that they only eat some vegetables, but I am still worried that she may not have "gotten it". Thank goodness, my mini won't be close enough for her to feed. I fear she may try throwing the food to her though. :no:

I would explain to her againVERY FIRMLY that eating strange things can cause Minis to become ill&possibly die!!.Tell her nicely if they get sick you will be certain to call her to help you walk them&stay up all night with them.Some people just don't get it.If she has children or has ever had them ask her nicely if she let people feed stuff to her children without asking first.I have the same problem with tourists along our road.You can get signs from most of the mail order catalogs, but they probably won't work.good luck

We had ours made at the state fair, there was a booth that could make up signs. They are really cool, bright yellow with black lettering. Pretty cheap too, I think I maybe paid $4.00 per sign..they are smaller, but I can use them on stall doors at shows or I can use them at home. I, like you, had the very same problem with people (neighbors) walking by wanting to feed the little horsies. After talking to these people that I saw doing it, I am sure it was still happening, so we had the signs made. I plan to have more made this year. I wish I remembered there name, because I was pretty sure they had a website. If I run across the name I will forward it to you. Good luck, I know how frustrating this problem is.
default_yes.gif
:

Signs that say "HORSES WILL BITE" help... at a state fair I had an obnoxious family picking up dirty hay from the ground and giving it to my horses. I told them my horses bite HARD and then they started throwing wisps of hay at them.
default_wacko.png
:

As a mom, I wouldn't want strangers offering my kids food...never thought of suggesting that to folks trying to feed my horses! :aktion033:

Wonder if folks want to share the vet bill from feeding a horse the wrong stuff?

When doing service work with Mercy, folks ALWAYS want to feed her. I show them her teeth and say that "these hurt when she bites". People always back off then.... then they stand behind her. I have to remind them that "that end is where the poop comes out." People leave that area so fast they leave skid marks!

Denise

Silversong Farm

Latest posts

Back