Where to buy pony show tack????

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StormyAcreRanch

Reaction score
I have a non registered 38" mini/shetland. He actually came from a mini breeder but with no papers. Anyways, because he is larger in size I'm having a hard time finding a show halter to fit him. I measured him the other day and he's about 28 or 29" from check bone to check bone, most mini halters go up to about 26". Also, he will be shown open shows in halter, so what type of halter should I buy for him. Where I'm at it's mostly stock type shows, so would a QH style halter be the choice?

p.s. he's the guy in my avatar. He's a cremello, which reminds me where can I buy a sheet for him, he's about a 52"

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a non registered 38" mini/shetland. He actually came from a mini breeder but with no papers. Anyways, because he is larger in size I'm having a hard time finding a show halter to fit him. I measured him the other day and he's about 28 or 29" from check bone to check bone, most mini halters go up to about 26". Also, he will be shown open shows in halter, so what type of halter should I buy for him. Where I'm at it's mostly stock type shows, so would a QH style halter be the choice?

p.s. he's the guy in my avatar. He's a cremello, which reminds me where can I buy a sheet for him, he's about a 52"

You can try Star Lake Tack @ starlakefarm.com.

I have some pony show tack links on my website, on the links page.

Good luck, he's cute!

Andrea

Edited to add:

Country Classics has a lot of pony tack links on their site, I would surf around there:

Country Classic Ponies links

Last edited by a moderator:
Prime Design has some shetland tack as well .....

default_smile.png

BEWARE --- I just tried to access the Country Classic Ponies Link --- and it wanted to start up a program -- I believe it was "Windows Active X" -- I said ok -- and my Anti Virus software here at work stopped a TROJAN HORSE Virus and would not let me on the site - and in fact crashed my browser.

Anyone know how to email those folk to tell them they may be spreading a virus?

I am 99% sure that is where it was coming from - I tried it 2x and it happened both times.

Don't want to cause trouble for these folk but would be good if they could have their server checked.

Thanks

JJay

Thanks JJay, I just sent them an e-mail.

Hopefully it's an easy fix for them.

Andrea

Back