Where did you purchase your show clothes?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvmyracker

Reaction score
I will be wearing nice black jeans, black boots, but I need a shirt and/or jacket. Would like something black with may a little color in it. Does anyone have any good websites from when you purchased your show clothes?

I have bought some of my nicest show clothes at second-hand shops, and off E-bay.
default_yes.gif

I pretty-much stick to col,ours that best compliment the horse(s) that I am showing. As I am a bit...ummm...heavy-set, I like to wear solid coloured pants and blazers; but wear brighter splashes of colour on my hats, and shirts.

I'm an Ebay buyer! Also, there are lots of used clothes that go through lilbeginnings sale board lots of times. What size are you??? I have a few nice ones that I got, but they are too short in the arms for me. I'm 5'11" and its terrible to find jackets that fit properly. :DOH!

Hi

I actually got my black pants at wal-mart and my belt from a tack sale. I ordered my red show jacket from Ebay and my black show jacket i got at JC Pennys. I just got a red and a purple show jacket from Walmart agian
default_smile.png

I like black pants with a solid colored jacket ontop. under the Jacket i wear either a white or black shirt ...depends upon what looks best. Generally black shirt under looks best imo.

I love thrift stores. I can go and try things on. I usually wear black slacks, a black slinky, and then a bright blazer from the thrift store (usually between $3 and $8). My favorite one is a purple one that was $3, even wore it to Nationals (and placed!) a few times.

Andrea

I bought my daughter 2 show jackets last show season. I spent $200 on a very nice jacket from show clothing company. Then just as a backup for rainy days I bought her a simple black jacket at JC Penney on the clearance rack for $4.00. Do you know which she liked better and wore throughout the entire season? The one for $4.00!

Hobby Horse has a great sale in the fall. For Christmas I got her a nice black suit along with a few blouses that were very reasonably priced. But I will continue to keep checking out those clearance racks!

EBAY EBAY EBAY
default_biggrin.png

I have gotten some beautiful Hobby Horse jackets for soooo cheap. Just check every day, you'd be suprised what you can find. It's so much more rewarding to buy several nice show outfits for what it would normally cost for just one
default_aktion033.gif
I even found an awesome almost new black Stetson hat, 7x beaver and got it for $25.00!

I just love Ebay
default_wub.png

Joy
default_saludando.gif

Back