Where did you find your short portable fence pannels??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ponygurl

Reaction score
I have been looking for those fence pannels to make into a round pen, but they pannels are the large horse size, but the short ones that come up to about your hip. Please let me know where to go for them. Thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got mine from Double Diamond in Indiana. They were about $35 each, and I think $55 for the gate panels. I have them as stalls and as the round pen in my barn. Each stall has a gate panel in front, and I have 4 in the round pen. I would absolutely go with the gate panels - makes going in and out so much easier!

We are in Ontario, Canada and a friend brought us some up after the NAtionals.

I can put you in touch with her if you don't get the info from someone else.

She gets them in the States somewhere.

I have been looking for the same type of thing to no avail!! However I am sure that shipping to AZ would probably be a killer. How many inches tall are these and I agree, the full sized horse ones are 'overkill' and I got rid of all mine.

The tack shop I go to orders them from the US so probably your local tack shop can order them for you. I bought the large horse ones though since I have arabian horses as well as minis, also we have dairy cows so they come in handy if we have to seperate a cow ready to calf, etc. I do plan in the spring to buy some of the sheep pannels though.

I have been looking for the same type of thing to no avail!! However I am sure that shipping to AZ would probably be a killer. How many inches tall are these and I agree, the full sized horse ones are 'overkill' and I got rid of all mine.
I don't know how close they'd be to AZ, but Red River Arenas out of Coleman, TX have a goat/sheep panel (39" tall by 10' long). www.RedRiverArenas.com

I had some other companies bookmarked, but lost some last year with a computer crash. There are a couple in OK, but they are probably even further from AZ.

392592258.jpg

These are the panels that our contact brought back when she went to the Nationals.

Nice Genie... can you PM me the info on where I might be able to get some of those and particulars like cost, etc....? Thanks!

I love and have that very kind as pictured here. I got some of mine at Dallas Green Farm and Home Store, in West Haven, UT.

I also found out from them that they get them built and shipped from Kentucky.

One night a man from the place in KY was on my road trying to get rid of what he had left. So I got those too and he gave me the address in Kentucky where they are made. It is Grayln Mills, 36 Rubarts Road, Dunnville, KY. 42528. 606-787-9855.

The ones I have bought were 8 feet by slightly over 3 feet tall. And I got mine for $45 from the people in KY and for $49 I think at Dallas Green in UT.

Susan O.

Oh boy, I prefer my fencing to be 4'- stallions and taller A's need a bit taller..... I dont think 3' something is going to work for me. Thank you Susan for that info!

38in High, 8ft long Galvanized Light weight panels, and 4ft walk thru. Excellent for making extra stalls, pens at shows, or round pens.

18 panels and a 4ft walk thru makes a perfect round pen. Easy to hook together. Light enough to carry with one hand.

8ft panels- 55.00 + tax

4ft Walk thru- 75.00 + tax

8ft Walk Thru- 85.00 + tax

********************************************************************************************************

The above is how they are advertised here. I am sure the lady who brings them here is on the forum as well, so maybe she'll get to you on them.

tractor supply has regular panels that are 34'' tall and 16' long for 25.00 each. These are not the pipe style, they are the hard wire.

Hmmm, I would not want to use something this short for stallions..... maybe I'll have my neighbor make me some....

Hmmm, I would not want to use something this short for stallions..... maybe I'll have my neighbor make me some....
I don't recall where, but I know I've seen 4' tall portable pipe panels somewhere in my searching; they might be more appropriate for stallions.

I do use some 39" tall panels with my stallions (one 36" tall, one 31" tall), but only for daytime pasture area (36" stallion's regular corral is over 4' tall, but can't remember for sure the height, might be regular mesh panel height of 52"), and my little stallion is only 31", so the 39" panels are 8" taller than his back.

There is a place at Ft. Sumner, NM, that carries what they call 'goat panels'. They are made of unpainted galvanized conduit, are 4' tall, and come in either 6' or 10' lengths; and 4' gates, which can be used with either of the panel lengths. Each item is priced separately. They have 9 bars, which are more-closely spaced at the bottom, futher apart at the top. They are very lightweight to handle, and shouldn't be climbed, but the welding is good, and I have really liked them in use. Not sure what they would cost today,since I've had mine for about 5-6 years now, but the business is "Iron Horse Pipe and Steel", and I'm sure a phone number,and maybe a website, could be found for them using the internet. Ft. Sumner is south and east of Albuquerque, and pretty easy to get to from I-40.

Margo in NM

Margo that kind of sounds like more what I would be looking for... I will see if I can find them one of these days when I have some extra time. Thanks!

Back