Where can I purchase just the harness girth?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaytori220

Reaction score
My buckle broke on one side of my girth strap this morning when i was tightening the girth. The pin part just broke. I've found very limited places to get the whole girth part. I need a 12" miniature. I have the wrap straps which I assume I can use with the new one? The buckle on the girth that fits for the saddle straps are 1" buckles. I'm even willing to purchase a used one if someone has one laying around that is missing his harness.

Almost anywhere you buy a harness an probably sell just the girth , just contact them and ask. You could also consider checking your local shoe repair shop or saddle/harness maker/ leather worker if you have one and see if they can replace the buckle.

Look in the yellow pages for leather repair. You would have to pay postage both ways, but I'm sure it would return to you quickly. I usually do my harness repair by mail, as there is no one near me.

Chimacum sells parts separately. I know this as I had to order 2x new girths for my ponies who*ahem* "expanded" from recent rains bringing on lots of grass.

Latest posts

Back