When you want a miniature!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBhorses

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

When you find a special miniature you would love to own that is for sale today.What do you do? Do you do your best to buy your sweet mini? Do you wait to see if something better comes along?How do you know if you make the right choices or not when buying or not buying? I have in the past found minis I brought then some others that i loved that were not as good. We have paid as little as $500 and as high as $5,000 or more. We got into the miniatures years ago. I have always love horses since i was a child. I would love to have a few foals each year. I would love to sell the nice foals to loving families.I was allow to own my precious mare and her 2008 pinto filly. My friend allow me to get her amha and amhr palomino colt as well. My friend wanted the colt to go to good home. My friend also knew I loved this colt from birth. I didn't really need a young colt,but I got him for a great deal. I would love to own a nice loud marked pinto stud for 2010 breeding season. I only have a few minis,but each of my minis get alot of one on one. I had a nice herd until, i had to sell them all last year family issues.

We got moved back into our house recently. I love having my minis back. My minis are like my therapy.

I guess what i am saying.I see and have feel in love with a stud ( I would love to own). I know the market is down, should I wait until prices go down then I lose the chance of getting him. I love this stud, but I know there are alot of loud pinto out that I don't know about.This stud is 21 hours from us which is very far for us. He has the pedigree I would like to have in my herd.

Could you all share your stories good and bad? by the way the stud for sale was one that i wanted when he was a colt.

What is a good loud pinto amha and amhr going for with great pedigree? ball park prices.

Here is mississippi minis are not selling very well right now.

We have some minis register at $400 up to $5,000

So how do you know you are getting the right horse at the right price.

I am so lost on what to do. I trying to talk my husband into this horse, but we will see. In the past my husband would get me what i wanted now he don't care for the horses. My husband allows the horse only because i want them. My husband says i love the horses more then him haha. he loves the xbox more then me haha.

shipping prices from new york to mississippi any ideals?or anywhere to mississippi?

My heart is broken, because i had a nice herd until my husband made me sell last year. i work so hard to get horses from all over.I cried daily last year and first of this year. my husband issues, losing my horses, burned house and two car accidents lord help me

so if someone has a nice loud pinto stud or mare they want to see my way send them on
default_biggrin.png
i would love them

my vet says he haven't seen anyone love their animals as much as I do.
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I have always been told everything happens for a reason. Who knows the Lord will send me a nice breeding age herd sire

If it is meant to be it will happen.

I pray my luck turns around for the better.
default_wub.png

There are some VERY NICE studs on the sale board. Some are most likely exactly what you are looking for.

[SIZE=24pt]GOOD LUCK[/SIZE]

There are some VERY NICE studs on the sale board. Some are most likely exactly what you are looking for.
[SIZE=24pt]GOOD LUCK[/SIZE]

Little America Silver Keepsake (silver bay appy) i wanted from the day he was born, but couldn't afford. Dec 07 I got keepsake from tony my dream came true.I was on cloud 9 then my husband in aug 08 didn't he wanted to be single again to make a long story short. I had to sell keepsake along with all my minis. I have always wanted to own a nice loud pinto blued stud for my herd. I found a nice blue eyed pinto when we first got into minis, but he had a higher butt then his pictures showed. To make a long story short i sold my sweet blue eyed stud before all the bad stuff happen. i hate i sold my nice little kings hallmarks buckshot stud, i think i made a mistake selling him.You know we make choices we hate we made,but can't change them after the fact.

The market is down and the money is tied for everyone right now. So how do you own a dream herd sire at today tie money problems.

when i had to sell last year i had to sell the sweet minis fast because of my husband. i sold 3 in 1 for $1.000 and $500 for 2 in 1 i gave them away for those prices, but they all went to good homes that was most important to me. I just when i could have gotten minis for those prices today.
default_biggrin.png
but no under those issues i had

Hi

I know exactly what you mean. I found a palomino pinto colt (2yr old) that I really liked. I waited just a tad to long and he was sold to someone else. He had an awesome head, neck and pedigree to die for. He would have crossed well on my bay Mime daughters, and red Rocky Rowdy daughters. My loss......

A horse is worth what you are willing to pay of him. A good stallion will usually not be reduced in price with time, even if the market goes down. Most breeders will hang onto them. You may not find another one like him, you need to find one that you can connect with and it sounds like this one is one of them.

Good luck in your decision, but no one can tell you what you should like, or what you should pay of for one. You can never pay too much for a horse that you love.

B

Hi
I know exactly what you mean. I found a palomino pinto colt (2yr old) that I really liked. I waited just a tad to long and he was sold to someone else. He had an awesome head, neck and pedigree to die for. He would have crossed well on my bay Mime daughters, and red Rocky Rowdy daughters. My loss......

A horse is worth what you are willing to pay of him. A good stallion will usually not be reduced in price with time, even if the market goes down. Most breeders will hang onto them. You may not find another one like him, you need to find one that you can connect with and it sounds like this one is one of them.

Good luck in your decision, but no one can tell you what you should like, or what you should pay of for one. You can never pay too much for a horse that you love.

B
I REALLY love your minis. You have nice loud pintos. I really love your herd sire. I also like a colt you had by your herd sire. Mazda i think was he name.

I believe things happen for a reason too. I wanted my stud Sentra for a year or so when I seen him at a farm that I bought my mare from. At the time he was'nt offered for sale but really wanted him. When he did finally go up for sale, it was to late for me as I just took out a loan to buy the mare and I just did'nt have the funds to buy him. BUT I contacted the seller and asked if there was anything she could do to help me out cause I wanted him sooo badly even though I couldnt aford his asking price. It was a shot in the dark, but I asked if there was anyway for her to accept small payments till he was paid off and she could retain breedings and his paperwork till then. She surprised me when she said "No Problem"! I paid $200 monthly payments or more when I could aford to and in thee end I was able to bring him home 1/2 way through his payments and she even dropped the price a little for me. That was way awesome of her for doing that for me and I am now the proud owner for ever of my dream stallion.
default_biggrin.png

OMG!!! I am going throughthe same thing! I am looking to buy a few spot stallion. I have been looking for awhile. I found found some nice ones but for one reason or another turned them down. Weather it be out of my budget, prior helth condition, height etc. But I found one I like but I am so nervous!!! Thanks for this thread.

Like mentioned before a good stud will always bring the value
default_wub.png

Well said!! Now if I could just take your adivce!!
default_wub.png

My advice is if your hubby is not that fond of the minis and you HAD to sell them before because of fights over them and you are just now getting back into the minis then I would be very careful adding to many to soon as you might end up right back where you were before (having to sell out again) their are plenty of stallions for sale right now and will continue to be through the nx year or so at reasonable prices. Just enjoy what has been given back to you and LOVE on the ones you have now!

Thank you Melissa-

Mazda is a doll and a one in a million little stallion. SO easy to handle and get along with. He is bred to two mares for 2010 for me. He is now on his way to his new home in MO. He will be one of the herd sire at UNO Miniatures and be bred to some UNO daughters. I cannot wait to see his babies, either mine or Dennis'.

Good luck in your search.....

Melissa,

I have been in you situation. One year due to my health reasons, my husband got scared and said sell. Not realizing that my horses have and always be my comfort and passion. Well we sold quite a few. We are down to 15. But If I see and I like it and am NOT taking my household money, I go for it. I ahve the space, I can support them and I LOVE evry minute I am able to spend with them.

So if you can swing, do it.

Ellen

My advice is if your hubby is not that fond of the minis and you HAD to sell them before because of fights over them and you are just now getting back into the minis then I would be very careful adding to many to soon as you might end up right back where you were before (having to sell out again) their are plenty of stallions for sale right now and will continue to be through the nx year or so at reasonable prices. Just enjoy what has been given back to you and LOVE on the ones you have now!

I agree 100% with this. Between my horses, dogs, and cats, I have 12 animals. My husband is not a huge animal person but he loves the ones we have and somewhat tries to support me in this passion. However, the decision to add more effects BOTH of us. And 12 is plenty of animals for a person who would probably rather only have a couple. Yes, my husband has his hobbies as well that cost money - but let's face it, horses are an ongoing expense and they can be a very large one. I don't think you can really justify owning horses right now by figuring they will make you money or that you might break even on them by breeding. The reality is, there is a very good chance you won't.

There is also a good chance that those horses you love so much won't end up in good places if you have to sell. Yes, you can seek out good buyers, but most horses probably won't live out their life with the person you sell them to. BECAUSE I love my animals so much, I choose not to breed any at this point in my life.

That is not to say I have a problem with breeding. I just know I wouldn't be contributing anything that someone else isn't already doing better than I would.

I'm really happy for you that you have horses in your life again. I can't imagine having to give up mine!

[SIZE=12pt]I would recommend that you take a few steps back and take the time to think about this decision in detail. [/SIZE]

1) How will this affect your house hold....

2) How will this specific horse (stud) benefit your program.... if your breeding.

Latest posts

Back