When you think of the most refined mini you've

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bob r said:
02077230.jpg
heres one of our breeding stallions who still looks the same at over 11 yr. old.

rocking m 3times a teddy.  a bond sir galahad gr. son. who had produced several national  top 10's

467492[/snapback]

goddness--I thought that I was looking at a photo of my past stallion--BOND STRUT UR STUFF. He passed away while we were at amhr nationals in 2001, but looks almost exactly like this boy.
smile.gif

In fact, the boy in my avatar is his son.

Last edited by a moderator:
Millstone Farm said:
What about Horses Ltd. Victor Pic?  He looked like a little Breyer when Ed Sisk showed him at Nationals.
467542[/snapback]

I tried looking him up, but couldn't find him. Do they have a webpage where I could see pictures of him? Thank you

Dawn
saludando.gif

bob r said:
YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT STALLIONS, BUT I HAVE A MARE THAT I THINK QUALIFIES.  SHE IS 20 YEARS OLD AND HAD MANY MANY FOALS, IN FACT SHE PRODUCED THE CENTRAL REGIONAL JR. STALLION CHAMPION 2005.  I HAVE A PARTIAL PICTURE .  SHE VERY SELDOM LOOKS PG  UNTIL SHE GETS INTO ABOUT HER 8TH MONTH.  she's in the background of the pic below.  i'll have to take a whole pic.
mvc-042s.jpg
her name is rocking m bobbie sox , she looks like a 3 yr. old if you didn't know better.
467489[/snapback]

We may be mostly talking about the boys Bob, but I think it's because they get most of the promotion. I don't think refinement is restrained by gender or color.

I would love to see a picture of you're mare!

Dawn
saludando.gif

saghay0503.jpg

My mares come to mind when I think of refinement- here is one of them- C Spots Salvos Import Saga. No conditioning or body clipping on her in this pix at age 3.

Also that comes to mind is a black horse that was on a recent MHW cover with another horse- can't remember the name..... course a black horse always draws my eye first anyway
smile.gif

Tammie

I'm going to go ahead and admit that in addition to Peas and some others that come to mind, when I think of refined minis I also think of my own DunIT and Destiny. I know my opinion on them is not exactly impartial, but stilll... here they are.

Erica's Echos of My Destiny, yearling colt, National Top 5 and Multiple Grand Champion Stallion:
Destiny%20--%20Pro%20Picture%20--%20052005%20--%2014.jpg

Erica's Gone and DunIT, weanling colt, National Top 10 (7th -- his first ever show!):

DunIT--2005Nationals--1.jpg

These are all wonderful examples of refined Miniatures.
aktion033.gif
But I think the true test of "refinement" can be better seen on "mature" horses, as most Minis are going to look more refined when young.

Gotta give Robbie a plug here!
wub.gif

This is Hemlock Brooks CockRobin at age 26! These pictures were taken straight from the pasture....no conditioning or neck sweating. In my opinion, he was way ahead of his time in the refinement area. He had refinement, without giving up his masculinity or substance. This boy continually passed that quality to his foals too, and gave us many beautifully, refined babies over the years we owned him. He is still going strong at Hoofbeat Buckon Acres with Angie & Gary Sauer.
yes.gif

f61ffb5f.jpg

f670fe38.jpg

f61ffb5d.jpg

I have got to go fetch up a picture of her somewhere, but the horse that screams refinement to me is Hunt House Farm's Teeny Weeny.
wub.gif
(Sp?)
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

She is just the most deer like and delicate mare I have ever seen, even gravid and due Soon.

Grrr.... I cannot find her, I believe she is still owned by the same people... Cascade farms...Hymm.... hold on I will find her. She's a tiny sorrel, with a 'map' of africa on her face.
biggrin.gif

[SIZE=14pt]Out of all the horses I've seen, one of the finest stallions has to be Star Skipper who's owned by Reflections. This little horse has it all! Charlotte & Frank, I hope you don't mind me posting Skipper's pic![/SIZE]

Bill

skipper1.jpg

Latest posts

Back