When will she foal??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floridachick

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea? We have no idea when this mare is due.. I really really think she is close, she is huge and seems to be bagging up and very long and relaxed in her Vulva. What do you think? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/ksohmc/Haggie106.jpg

Haggie106.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/ksohmc/Haggie107.jpg

Haggie107.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/ksohmc/Haggie110.jpg

Haggie110.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/ksohmc/Haggie113.jpg

Haggie113.jpg

I have taken off of work and am watching her like a hawk. SHe is eating the same. thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to venture a guess - anytime between now and the end of this week. . .

What is her milk like?

Her milk is clear to white and thin. Who knows it could be a mule in there! She was a rescue so I am nervous to the outcome.

Not knowing her foaling history makes it tougher!! Certainly keep an eye on her. She's still not really "bagged up". Their bags usually get really "tight" and their nipples point out instead of in. They'll start pushing crystals out and when they're really close they'll get clumps of what looks like candle wax on them. Then they usually go within 24 hrs. Unfortunately you don't always catch the waxed teats. The wax falls off or some mares wax and almost immediately foal. She can get even longer and more relaxed in the vulva too. My best guess would be 10-14 days.....but not knowing her history it's a crapshoot! Good luck with her!

Thank you guys, I hope she will do ok. Its either a nice double reg mini stud, OR a mini donkey! LOL People!

She's not "dropped" yet, and her bag doesn't look very full. Check her milk for how sticky it is too! And press on her butt muscles.......you want them very soft and almost like jello.

Would not want venture a guess as signs can change rapidly. I'd be checking all of the signs morning and night.

Well its a surprise as they had her with a double reg stud OR a mini donkey.

Don't knock those mini mules!
default_wink.png
default_smile.png

My mare surprised me last October with a mini mule. I also bought her bred and didnt know when she was due. So I was even more shocked when she foaled a mule! But I tell ya, My Molly is the greatest little surprise ever! She is an absolute sweetheart with attitude! I am sold on the mules now!

I hope you enjoy whatever she gives you. She looks good, but also agree could go soon or later. Is this a first for her?

Here is my Molly Last Oct & November.

10-22-08015.jpg

11-20-083pm015.jpg

OMG Bonny that is the cutest lil thing in the world! Sadly I have NO details on her and its totally stressing me out. Long story short and old lady had 20 broodmares and the woman passed away and some where just bought and brought there. All the paperwork was lost as well. The Coggins said Naomi's Black Tie Affair but that is all I had to go on. Finger crossed her a healthy delivery.
default_unsure.png

Hi

I am like Maryann, would hate to say on her. But the experience I have had with mine is that their bags will fill with milk, the teasts will fill with milk and then the bags get tight. They will also point out and down. The best way I can tell on my girls is by the stickiness of the milk. I express a bit of milk and tap the wet spot on my right thumb, middle finger. And count each tap until it feels sticky. If you are getting 10 taps/seconds then she has a ways yet. When you tap/check the milk and the tap/seconds to sticky is only a few seconds or NO SECONDS but sticky like syrup right away, she will foal soon as in a few hours. Assuming bag is full and tight, nipples are full and pointed down/out. Of course the butt muscles, yawning, pacing, and few other signs I cannot think of just yet, will/should occur too.

If she were my mare, I would guess her to be a couple of weeks at least from foaling. BUT do check her each day, twice a day is good and watch for all the signs. I have had mares foal that did not have that much of bag ............

Latest posts

Back