When the election is over

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

backwoodsnanny

Reaction score
I have seen so many bashing posts and great angst on this board regarding the election . I have one more question. When this election is over if your candidate doesnt win will you all be on here for months saying I told you so and you were silly to think the way you did? Can you be a friend to someone who feels differently politically than you do?Are there people on this board that you will judge purely by their politics? I ask this because I feel there are rifts that will be a long time healing regardless of which candidate becomes president. I also think this is sad as whomever takes the job of president will need ALL of us behind him in this crazy world.

Obviously I can't speak for anyone else but I personally feel that there's a pretty big difference between "someone who feels differently politically" and someone who bashes others every time they express an opinion or say something they don't agree with. JMHO

I have seen so many bashing posts and great angst on this board regarding the election . I have one more question. When this election is over if your candidate doesnt win will you all be on here for months saying I told you so and you were silly to think the way you did? Can you be a friend to someone who feels differently politically than you do?Are there people on this board that you will judge purely by their politics? I ask this because I feel there are rifts that will be a long time healing regardless of which candidate becomes president. I also think this is sad as whomever takes the job of president will need ALL of us behind him in this crazy world.
I think you were reading my mind
default_unsure.png
. I'm so worried that the Back Porch won't be able to move past the "see what you did, this is all your president's/party's fault" mentality. I hope we can. You all know I support Obama, but I have said here and say often IRL that if Sen. McCain wins the election, I hope I have to publically eat my words and take back all of my reservations about he and Gov. Palin. I want this Country and her people to heal and prosper, ALL of her people.

Once this election is over, I hope we come together as ONE Nation. We'll still disagree, but that is the American way and our right as informed citizens of this great Country
default_wink.png

Majority of my friends (co-workers) have totally different political views than I, but they are still my friends.

Will I be one to say "I told you so"?...I'll admit it, I probably will. I hope I don't have to say it, because if I do that means this country has went down the tubes.

People just need to not take these political threads personal, if they can't they shouldn't post on them.

I've read a lot of strong feelings on here..........and in my opinion, some have gone overboard on BOTH sides. For me, it's been interesting to see how emotional people are over this election........all OVER the place! I think it's a sign that everyone is basically scared about the future.

I don't agree with the politics of many folks both on L.B. and elsewhere, but I still like the individuals and respect their views on OTHER topics..........After a few weeks I bet I'll not even remember who was supporting which candidate!

MA

I would like to hear from littlesteppers, Low Rise, Bassett, Jill, Marnie Danielle E some of the ones who have so adamantly been either for one candidate or the other It seems some are so into the election I just think it is going to be hard for them to return to more mundane topics without carrying the angst with them. How do you ignore the posts after someone calls you stupid? I have to read them to try to make some sense of all this especially since I fear for how we become One Nation Under God again.

I've been telling myself that even if McCain gets into office, at least he's not Bush.
default_wink.png

I'm really not big into the 'I told you so' thing. I'd never say never, but it's really not something I like or look forward to doing, regardless of who wins.

I have said time and again that the great thing about this nation is our ability to change the things we don't like. If McCain gets into office and I don't like it, that just means I'll fight twice as hard the next time around.

...my boyfriend's saying that if McCain gets into office that he's moving to Germany after he's done with his service, though.
default_rolleyes.gif
I think I can talk him out of it.

I have often wondered the same thing. And I think someone posted before that some of what has been posted (or how it was posted) will be remembered for a very long time. I wonder if those people will have huge regrets later. I have said before I have seen sides of some people that I never wanted to see and quite frankly shocked me. Not because of what candidate they are for but how they expressed themselves with so much nastiness and negativity.

I think the old adage of never discussing politics or religion in public is one of the wisest sayings I have ever heard.

I really hope this country comes together no matter who is elected. Its in all of our best interests.

I would like to hear from littlesteppers, Low Rise, Bassett, Jill, Marnie Danielle E some of the ones who have so adamantly been either for one candidate or the other It seems some are so into the election I just think it is going to be hard for them to return to more mundane topics without carrying the angst with them. How do you ignore the posts after someone calls you stupid? I have to read them to try to make some sense of all this especially since I fear for how we become One Nation Under God again.

Nita, Me first please. This is the first election I have been this way But if Obama gets in I will try to believe in his ideas although they will be very hard for me to work with. I still don't have to like him as a person. I just don't like his cocky, arrogant attitude. Bekieve it or not I did NOT want Bill Clinton in there neither. I have voted Repuiblican ever since JFK. I have been in business and worked my butt off. The Republican have always been more on my side than the Democrats. If someone calls me stupid so be it. I just consider the source.
default_wink.png
I know I'm not stupid. I don't have to agree with them. Maybe I have a rough way of speaking but I'm really a sweetheart
default_wub.png
. I promise. If I have a problem with anyone on here I just don't read their posts. Pretty simple.

But yes I will support whoever gets in and if Obama does what I don't THINK he'll do I will have the greatest respect for him. I sincerely hope he can pull off what he promises if he gets elected. But let's wait it may have to be someone else saying this.
default_wink.png
I'm truly sorry to anyone I offended but it seemed to me certain people just picked on certain other people. I love the forum and ALL its member.
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Thank you Bonnie for posting and Low Rise. I just fear for our country as we know it if this election is as divisive to our country as it has been to LB members.I think we forget how much worse it really could be. I will admit that I am worried about where all this will go regardless of who is elected. I already have close friends who own a business who are losing gas on a regular basis because of the high gas prices and others who have had their dock cut up in pieces by vandals who wanted to sell the pieces of aluminum for money to buy oil. If the economy continues to slide what is next people killing my horses to eat? Perhaps where most of you live none of this is a problem but it is already a problem here and believe it or not some blame these actions on our president and will vote for anyone who is not Bush to say they have voted for change. I agree we need change ,change in economy, change in how criminals are treated, change in our welfare system, change in our educational system, but none of that is one mans job or responsibility.

Last edited by a moderator:
Once this election is over, I hope we come together as ONE Nation. We'll still disagree, but that is the American way and our right as informed citizens of this great Country
Those ^^^ are wise words from Laura...

I really hope this country comes together no matter who is elected. Its in all of our best interests.
... and also from kaykay.

Not because of what candidate they are for but how they expressed themselves with so much nastiness and negativity.
Agreed, kaykay. Some of the things that have been said - and the great mirth and disrespect shown to others at times - has been a bit much.

But whatever - that is just that person's thoughts at that time in that thread - and despite the
dramasmileyf.gif
I think the forum will just continue on as always...
default_yes.gif

I agree we need change ,change in economy, change in how criminals are treated, change in our welfare system, change in our educational system, but none of that is one mans job or responsibility.
YES! VERY well said, backwoodsnanny.
hug2.gif

I highlighted the changes because no matter who is elected - changes need to be made. And no matter who is elected, they are not going to be able to fix this current mess in 4 short years... JMO. But you can bet they will be held to task for not being able to do so....

Last edited by a moderator:
The "Angst? angst from what? You killing me.
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
.obiously you don't know me..

I will still be friends with everybody here!!
default_saludando.gif
I went to a different forum to discuss election stuff with people I don't know. I thought that would be best. I have not read most of the comments here and only posted once. I tried to keep the post neutral. I do hope that after the election is over that everyone can put all of this behind them because I sure wouldn't want to lose anybodies good advice, stories, and help when I need it. We all have different views and life styles, but we all still have one thing in common. That is our love for miniature horses. We will all continue to make there world as perfect as we can for them in spite of what may be going on around us.

Back