What's the GOOD things that happened in 2005?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miniv

Reaction score
I truly believe that with every down thing that happens -- there is an UP side!

In regard to our miniature family --

Our beautiful mare, Bridget, who was with our family for 15 years left us a wonderful loving (and bratty!) little red colt, Jeffie. He is a constant source of laughter for all of us.

And proud and gorgeous, Misty, taught us so much in her short time with us and in her passing.......then left us with a beautiful proud reminder of her with her last filly.

Every WEEK our animals seem to give us something to laugh or smile about -- there have been so many instances I can't keep up with them all!

And my LATEST daily giggle has been happening with our new little goat that was "thrust" on us by our neighbor, Dave. Talk about personality!

MA

Well, I got myself a vehicle which won't break down every time I turn around
thumbup.gif

My little Moxie baby came into my life
wub.gif
(although I came || that close to being kicked outta my house over her!!!
new_shocked.gif
) but she has wormed her way into everyone's heart!!
biggrin.gif

And I also had a beautiful pinto filly out of my old mare's only daughter!!!!
yes.gif

And I had a really nice vacation (which was the first time I have been away...ever)

so yeah, I guess it wasn't totally bad!
biggrin.gif

~kathryn

Miniv said:
I truly believe that with every down thing that happens -- there is an UP side! 

529592[/snapback]

Thank you! I am one who would much rather see the positive and not dwell on the negative. We all have negative things happen in our lives. That is just part of life and living. I feel no need to personally hash that up. Everyday that I get out of bed is a good day. And besides that so many good things happened to me this year I could not even begin to post them.

Carol

Ok counting my blessings is that man I married.

Boy oh boy how he worked to get that barn is using order. Every spare minute he was out there building with yet still so much more to go.

He's taking such an interest now since Timmy was born he's getting kinda scarry. He is crazy about that baby. Says he wants a whole field of little Nick and Nick-ettes running around him. He enjoys going to the barn now to play and unwind and actually has learned to be able to tell Merry Beth and Chrissy apart.

The boys have pretty much gotten themselves together by the end of the year with goals and challenges that have set for themselves. They are just nuts and enjoying teen life but gee whiz it's hard on a mom watching them grow up and not need me so much anymore. Seems I may have one college bound after all and another waiting to become a Marine or a stand up comic!
wacko.gif
I think I am going to miss the neighbors calling and complaining that they are over there cow tipping.

You're absolutely right MA. There have been a lot of good things this year.

I spent, and appreciated, a lot of time with my family this year. I took lots of pictures and worked hard on my scrapbooks so I can enjoy the memories for a long time.

I got my new filly, and am goofy in love with her.
wub.gif

Our farm has been written into a U of I grant for Organic Market Garden variety trials, and as part of the deal, I'll be doing some teaching, which will look great on my resume. That's more of a 2006 thing, but it started this year and I was able to learn about grant writing.

We got a 'new' tractor (new to us) and I got hot water in the barn. Oh, and I was assigned a brand new work truck that doesn't leave me stranded out in the boonies.

And I can't forget getting to know the LB'ers here in SW Idaho and becoming friends with them.
aktion033.gif

We're making it through another year in decent health (other then the minor aches and pain that go along with old age). Had some beautiful colts, bought another awesome Mare. Still have a paying job!
biggrin.gif

Almost forgot, we got our new puppy Kelly

Dogs12-18-05035.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well this year the good things are.......

DOWN SIDE Argument on this site UPSIDE Getting Closer to my Mum

DOWN SIDE Puddy getting put down UPSIDE Fatty coming to our home paddocks.

DOWNSIDE Bing on Internet longer UPSIDE Joining this site!!

I Love you guys
yes.gif
People on here have taught me sooooooo much, even about things beside horses
ohmy.gif
!

Thankyou!!

Ohh i have enouph good things to last 3 pages!!!

**I got coco, my first mini who changed my life practically!

Broke up with my boyfriend for 2yrs after taking his crap for ...2yrs

Found Lilbeginnings.com

Watched coco and rocky play for hours

Showed for my first time with mini's/ponies

Got up the courage to tell my dad i was no longer interested in barrel racing (broke his heart almost ..but i had to do it. It was his dream, not mine)

Got addicted to Smallville and Tom Welling

Got my License & first car

Made the Powderpuff football team at school (girls football team, it lasted 2 weeks
rolleyes.gif
)

Adopted a new puppy, dexter.

Got a chance to learn so much about mini's.

Drove my first horse (coco)

***Met all of you wonderful people!!!!!!!!!!!!***

Leeana

This has been a really good year for me and I am thankful!!!

This year, I got four new horses who mean so much to me: DunIT, Sunny, Bacardi and Destiny and also got to know Erica better and she is even more wonderful than those horses she makes!

We got our new "puppy", our collie Kelsey and she's a wonderful addition to our family.

I bought a "new" (to me) truck just for hauling the horses and doing horse activities and I love it. I'm a goober and we bought it this summer but I still gaze at it every once in awhile. You'd think it was a ferrari not a ford for as loopy as I am over "my truck".

Winston had kidney / bladder stones and one caught in his uretha (sp?) and had to have surgery. I nearly had a nervous breakdown (not exagerating either) waiting to hear how he was following surgery since the stuck one could have really made things hard for Winston. I am so thankful he is okay now and on a special diet, and thankful he loves his new special food (though he says it's not that special when you get it every day). I'd take years off my own life to have more of Winston. I've felt for years I need to get a grip but I just can't when it comes to Winston. He is such a big blessing and my baby.

Silly things like getting NetFlix and XM radio makes my free time and commute time a lot more enjoyable.

And, might sound corny, but I really am thankful to be at a place in my life where I just feel content. There are things I hope can happen for us and goals for sure, but if they don't happen or if it's a long time before they do, I still feel just "right" and happy and calm.

I am very aware of the many things in life to be thankful for and all the extras that we're just flat out lucky to have.

This one is easy for me.

I moved back "home".

Just spent the first Christmas with my daughter in 17 years.

My horses and dogs have settled in their new home almost as well as I have.

I love my new place.

Trying to get used to cold weather again (moved from Florida to Missouri) and am not lovin' that too much, but it WILL end.

Gonna go see some old high school friends later this week.

Wanna have a big get together of class mates and old work pals in the spring.

Live Is Good ! !
yes.gif

OK, the good side!

I've been off work for almost a year and still make enough money to cover bills and LOTS of free time to spend with my horses.
aktion033.gif

Got a new truck, just what I wanted.

Got out of debt, except for the mortgage, camper and now the truck.
aktion033.gif

Sold more horses than ever before.

Made some new, GOOD friends!

Still have a nice house over my head, barns for my animals, food to eat and a family that loves me.

Wow we have a lot to be thankful for!

We bought a riding lawn mower for our pastures. LOVE IT!

I sold four horses to great homes, two that will promoted more than I can do.

Our two foals were FILLIES!!!

And Liz and Hilary found a beautiful palomino filly for me to add to my herd. A Dandy grand daughter to boot!

I am hoping to scrape by with enough to maybe get a trailer for showing in the next year. YAY!

My kids make me proud everyday. One will graduate with a high school diploma AND an associates degree from the community college. She has worked SO hard.

The husband supports what I need. And we both have art to keep us busy. And he makes me laugh by finding rotten chicken eggs to throw away, and falling out of the garbage can.

I have great horsie friends and now family. Kari and Liz and crew make it fun to look forward to show season.

There is always ALWAYS more to want, but it is sure nice to be me right now. I need to appreciate that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's see.

My ups for 2005:

-Bought a 2002 minivan (YEA! our old vehicle went caput)

-FIL was diagnosed with a BENIGN tumor, not malignant!!
aktion033.gif

-Finally was able to buy my hubby a Jeep (2002 Liberty)-first time we've EVER had two vehicles soooooo new at the same time!

-My family is healthy and well
aktion033.gif

-I've met some very awesome forum members
saludando.gif
and made some good friends!
aktion033.gif

Looking for 2006 to be even better!!!

wub.gif
You guys have me in TEARS!

It is so wonderful to hear the positive about our lives......

THANK YOU!

MA

[SIZE=14pt]What a great thread!!
aktion033.gif
[/SIZE]

2005 Was a good year. ( I am a big believer that there is always a reason for the bad things in life that do happen. )

I was able to take a trip with my mom and see relatives that I have not seen in years.

I bought my first three miniature horses and mini donk and love the bajeebers out of them all!!

We payed cash for a nice little family car in the beginning of 05 - not new - but new to us!
rolleyes.gif

Have made new friends thanks to the forum here and hope to meet some of them one day!
yes.gif

And I am looking forward to doing lots of "horsey" things in the new year...( are you taking notes Corinne?! )

I found this site and have gotten alot of info from everyone. And because I found this site I was able to help CMHR with getting a rescue out of FLorida and she is living comfortably and wonderfully with us. And she's having our first foal.

My husband and I are beconing foster parents, not sure to what age yet or if the child will be a boy or girl, but the age limit for me is 0-5 years. I love babies and my 2 kids are 6 and 3 so they aren't babies any more. Also I'm a stay at home mom so I have the time for another little one.

Christy

I prefer looking at the world thru rose colored glasses.......

So much good occurred again this year......

My son left in Jan 05 for a school year in Costa Rica and he came home

on Dec 20th.......

My Michael and I have our health and happiness together.....

Our wonderful Zoe and Zee gave us another beautiful baby and will

God willing, give us another happy healthy foal, early next summer.

My big old German Shepherd Bearboy, nearing age 10, gave us another

wonderful year of incomparable friendship.

My friends from LB bring me good cheer all year long.......my life is

better for knowing them.

2005 has been a wonderful year.....

I wish each of you a 2006 filled with joy, happiness, good health and

optimisim.........

Good Thread MA. Love hearing about good things.
wink.gif

Most important is my wonderful DH and DS. Am very Thankful to have both of them in my life.

We moved to this Farm, which I still love.

Bought one new saddle and going to buy a Star Trekk Treelees.

Am starting to feel a little better because I am able to ride.

Finished one painting

The three Bourkes I bought. The Male Blue Berry is for my son,, and is the most friendly cute little bird,, that does a really good Wolf whistle!!

Gave to the local food bank

I got my first mini,

518137419FcDiMz_ph.jpg

and we got a new kitty to add to the bunch!

428833113BixYtU_ph.jpg

Latest posts

Back