Whats in your trailer emergency first aid kit

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mydaddysjag

Reaction score
We're getting a new trailer, which means I'll be putting together a first aid kit for it. Its been a few years since I put one together, so who dont you tell me whats in yours, so I dont forget anything.

Going off the top of my head...

Vet Wrap

Banamine

Wound Spray

Sedative

Extra Halters

Extra Leeds

Cell Phone (not in the trailer, but always with me when we go)

Depending on state laws, you may need current coggins to travel even within your state. If you get pulled over here, it is my understanding the police may ask for that documentation.

Enjoy your trailer!!! Congratulations!!!

As far as the horses go, I just keep an extra halter and lead.

For the trailer, I do keep supplies. A lug wrench, wheel chocks, a jack and a trailer aid like this one.

19686_L_001_vvs.jpg

As far as the horses go, I just keep an extra halter and lead.
For the trailer, I do keep supplies. A lug wrench, wheel chocks, a jack and a trailer aid like this one.

19686_L_001_vvs.jpg
Yes yes yes!!! Those are musts!!!

Yes, they are! I've had the pleasure? of having to use mine twice returning from shows when I've had blow outs on the trailer. What an easier job it made of changing a flat with a full load of equipment and horses! Even the wrecker driver that came to my rescue with the second blow out was amazed! Needless to say, the tires were replaced and I hope I don't have to use it again, but sure glad I have it if it's ever needed again!
default_smile.png

Well, I'm too old to change a tire, so I carry a couple of cans of Fix A Flat to use in case I get caught with a low tire. Will work until I get to a place that can help me.

I also carry

a huge flashlight

tool kit (like I can fix something??? but maybe if I have the tools someone else can)

duct tape

extra ropes and halters

First aid medical kit (already mentioned)

extra buckets

trash bags

towels

camera

In addition to items already mentioned

pint of mineral oil&dose syring

electrolyte paste

scissors

thermometer

stethoscope

sanitary pads(make great bandages)

Mini twitch(from hardware store)

I am also planning to get a tube from my vet for emergencies.Had an instance last year where vet didn't have a tube small enough to go down a Mini.

I might think of more things later. I use a white 5 gallon bucket and put a big red cross on it.It stays packed and when the horses go in the trailer the bucket goes.

Latest posts

Back