What's come from the sewing room

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barnbum

Reaction score
For the quilters...

Just finished two ragged flannels last night.

This one is for my 19 year old college daughter--she picked all the fabrics from my stash. This is her second ragged flannel--it was a request because she loves them so much and are very durable for college use.

fcf778b6.jpg

I still need to get some lint off.

725b411d.jpg

This one is for my son's new fiancé'! They became engaged a few weeks ago and plan to marry this summer!

Jenny and I went shopping for her fabric, but I had two she loved we worked around.

Last year I gave her a 50" "Cats' Stairway to Heaven" wall hanging and I said if they were still together next Christmas, I make her a ragged flannel. I kept my promise!
default_laugh.png

22fb81b3.jpg

01548681.jpg

And here are the bookmarks for my students. They had more challenging favorite animals, so I had to ask the quilting forum ladies where to find some. Two ladies had most what I needed in their stash--so I shopped there. That was fun! Everyone over there looks out for potential bookmark fabric I may need some day.
default_smile.png

The fronts:

91d78f4a.jpg

edf88358.jpg

The backs:

f254a0c2.jpg

dca34147.jpg

Then, since the table runner in the kitchen was still stuck at spring, I needed to whip up something quickly to fit the season. So, this is what I came up with.

e6116f68.jpg

The back:

4f29089d.jpg

And, finally...when Mazie rides in the van, she likes walk as far as she can, from the tie, between the front seats, and snuffle my ear. This is not safe.
default_rolleyes.gif
So, I made this curtain for keep her back. It's got double batting at the top to protect her. And, since I never use the alphabet on my machine, I decided to try the letters on this project.
default_laugh.png

962c7180.jpg

1705d6a3.jpg

Thanks for looking!
default_saludando.gif

What beautiful work!!! I would say your daughter and future daughter-in-law will be thrilled.

Merry Christmas!

Barbie

Oh, my goodness. I just love those quilts. I just want to wrap up in them.

Yeah--those raggeds are the softest, most cuddliest quilts ever. It's the quilt I always give as gifts. These were the 15th and 16th ones I've made. I call them a "hug-to-go."
default_wub.png

Hi Karla, As usual your work is always beautiful! I love reading your posts, I know theres always going to be some beautiful pics of your work included.

My sister made me one of those blankets like the first picture. She made it for my queen size bed but I wish it was 2 blocks wider. I have to put it sideways on my bed so it hangs right. the reason I know it is sideways is she used different sixes of squares to make the blocks. It is how the pattern sits. But, I love my blanket.

VERY PRETTY..........I'm always very much in awe of quilters......

Geeze Karla, talk about Beautiful. I'd love to learn how to make the ragged flannels some day, they're all gorgeous but I like them the best. I had to go on your site to take a peak at them all!

Love your rag quilts all of your projects are beautiful. I sew rag quilts mostly give them as gifts sell a few and donate them for raffles for the miniature horse clubs we belong to. Love your bookmaks and would love to know how you made them since I belong to The Friends Of The Libary in our little town and would make great gifts.

Back