Whatchadoingthisweekend?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
Nothing going on here exciting for this weekend thank heavens.

Friday after work I'm grocery shopping after work.

I'm working Saturday, but if its slow, I'll close early and come on home and watch Jaws while I clean the house and do the laundry.

On Sunday, I have one more horse left to clip so I'll get that out of the way and start bathing everyone again. Time to de-worm too. I'd like to get some new pictures taken too. If its storming out, I'll just clean the tack room which is a mess.

So whatchadointhisweekend?

Loving on my babies!
default_wub.png

Seeing if we can make a new pen and move horses around because I need to get Lady into the foaling stall soon!

And maybe putting something yummy on the BBQ so me and hubby can celebrate my birthday together. He works on Monday on the real day, so it's this weekend or never LOL!

Just makes it last longer!
default_aktion033.gif

Friday...BODY CLIPPING SHAKE!!! I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait!! I also found a really nice show halter that I think will look great on him and I'm ordering and having it and the conchos, lead, etc quick shipped to me so that I have it in time for the show.

Saturday...Putting things together for the show and double checking my packing list then working.

Sunday...Working and shopping for last minute stuff for the show.

Showing my filly for the first time. This will be my first time back in the ring in over 2 years. Judy is going to show her in open 2 year old mares tomorrow and ammy level 2 on Sunday. I show in ammy level 1 on Sunday.

I'm going to this miles long yard sale in Northern Georgia with friends.

Dixie Highway Yard Sale

Don't know how many miles I will cover but hope I find some treasures.

sfmini, I hope you post the results here. I'm about to do the same thing, it has been three years since I've stepped foot in a show ring and I show Shake for the first time one week from today. I wish you all the luck in the world! Let us know how it goes!

well, working...as usual...

I've got to finish taking my belongings out of the barn (at least the stuff I won't be using everyday), as the new owners take possession on Monday
default_sad.png

Hopefully getting more riding lessons in....

Maybe I'll even get my butt in gear and get the trim finished painting in my shop!
default_rolleyes.gif

And trying not to stress about a secret that I'm holding
default_whistling.gif
default_shutup.gif
....but I don't want to say anything until something happens....... LOL

~kathryn

ps
default_luck.gif
sfmini!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully going to the barn tomorrow to work Domingo, I need to have him fit by next month for his leasse's first 4H show and a few open shows. the rest of my free time hopefully getting the house cleaned up, and still putting away baby stuff. I have so much to do before Colton makes his arrival, and so little time.

I am taking my new German Shepherd pup to his first obedience class. We were supposed to have started 3 weeks ago, but life (and work)got in the way. He is now a rowdy 15 week old--should be interesting! After that I have 5 hours of work, then it is home to relax and hang out in the pool at my folk's house for the rest of the weekend and try to motivate myself to get some of my own responsible things done.
default_smile.png

We had our Relay For Life last night. What a night, lots of walking, talking and commraderie. It started out kind of warm, but got very foggy/wet/cold around 3am...after that, not so bad...think I was numb by then.
default_biggrin.png

Had a power snooze when I got home, then out to ground drive my "baby"...will drive my other mare later. It is raining now...go figure...but better today than tomorrow. Tomorrow is our Harness Club's Show, and I am working it...I am "handling the BBQ".
default_new_shocked.gif
default_laugh.png

Weekend is almost over but it's been a busy one. Went to a high school graduation yesterday morning, to a friend's birthday party last night and clipped horses in between. Ground driving this evening and if all goes well, hooking up a greenie for the first time. And did I say sweating? Heat index here is supposed to be 118 today!

Jan

Been a busy one here too......

The grown daughter, her hubby, and three kids (ages 4, 5, 6) all arrived Friday afternoon with horses! Our 13 year old daughter also invited a school friend for the weekend.....That means a FULL HOUSE.

Saturday (yesterday) our vet came and we had a "gelding party"....Our 13 year old's boyfriend came to spend the afternoon and have dinner with us, so he enjoyed(?) the show.
default_wink.png

I made a turkey dinner and we gave Bri a late birthday cake and some presents.

Today everyone has left for a few hours to go on a trail ride.......EXCEPT ME and the 4, 5, and 6 year old!
default_smile.png
I'm filling water troughs, walking out our newly gelded friends, and feeding the grandkids hot dogs.

I got in over my head. Business was good thank heavens on Saturday so I stayed late and gave it a full day. Went home and weed eated while Hus mowed and then I started to decorate the yard and bring out all the bells and whistles and bring out the garden flags. I thought I had it all put out but I found tons more fun stuff up in the loft so out it came. Bought 4 hanging flower baskets and still need 4 more. Trimmed all the bushes in the front and back planter and in front of this house of horrors and that took until dark Saturday night. Why are all my yard chairs busted???? grrrrr

Began a big barn cleaning this morning early at the crack of dawn with no coffee so that gave me a bad attitude for a while. Then the owner of HoofWraps showed up as I am a test farm for him so that meeting took a good solid hour. Back to barn cleaning, hung up box fans, then onto cleaning up the barnyard. It needs to be weed eated too or weed ate-ed.......ugh.. and it kept raining on and off all day long. Two more hours left of daylight. Was just about to put chicken on the grill and we are out of gas for pete's sakes and no one bothered to tell me. Gee whiz. Sonny needs his bridle path done so I'm going to fit that in there someplace before midnight hopefully.

Don't know if I'll get finished with everything but I sure need to watch JAWS really bad!

Sounds like we all need a weekend to rest from our weekend,lol. We couldn't bale because it rained yesterday. We put up new fence for the big horses and used railroad ties for posts and i'm BEAT!!!!

Well, I know that Liz (nootka) on the forum was involved with the big 25th Anniversary of The Goonies this weekend in Astoria!

Having gone to the 20th Anniversary along with Keith and Susanne, I decided to pass on this one. It looked like too big of a production to me. I would have liked to meet Sean Astin and Corey Feldman and have them sign my DVD though
default_sad.png

Liz, can you give us a report?
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
There must be some other Goonie fans on here, too!
default_wink.png

Daryl

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I know that Liz (nootka) on the forum was involved with the big 25th Anniversary of The Goonies this weekend in Astoria!

Having gone to the 20th Anniversary along with Keith and Susanne, I decided to pass on this one. It looked like too big of a production to me. I would have liked to meet Sean Astin and Corey Feldman and have them sign my DVD though
default_sad.png

Liz, can you give us a report?
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
There must be some other Goonie fans on here, too!
default_wink.png

Daryl
Yup, that's what I am doing this weekend!

Since I live in the Goonies capital of the world (filmed here) and it's the 25-year anniversary, and I work with a guy who builds historic/entertainment memorabilia (sort of like Hard Rock Cafe but more personal or exclusive), I thought I'd take my boys to a meet & greet but it was very poorly run. The stars there were Corey Feldman, Joe Pantoliano, Jeff Cohen and Richard Curtis (a Portland area man who played a somewhat small but pivotal part in the movie as the richest man in Astoria). Joe P showed up for a short time then left, the other ones hung in there, but we had to wait in line for four hours to get there. Corey was very antsy and had to take a cigarette break or two in order to get through. Jeff (Chunk) is amazing, what a trooper and so friendly. I have a photo of my sons with him and it will become part of a special memory for them growing up in the Goonie town that is famous the world over.

Of course we get to see the stars roving around, and I must say that Joe Pantoliano has treated the locals and fans with such disregard and utter rudeness that I would be happy if I never saw him again. Talented actor, a waste of space as a person. He seemed to expect the people that were in business here/local crafts people to GIVE him things and spend time showing him their work with the idea that he would buy them and then walk away with no word. He said the prices were too high. *LOL* Even his daughter was urging him to buy one of our things and took a card (maybe he will get a DAd's day present from Astoria but I'm not holding MY breath. At this point I would rather find a disadvantated kid somewhere that can't or didn't get to come and give it to them.). Urgh.

The reason that the celebs didn't show up this a.m. is probably because they were a little over-celebrated the night before (I saw them on a beer run, a few of them) just last night.

The fans are pretty cool, but our little town's not used to this many people and our trash receptacles are over flowing, traffic is nuts. I only hope it's given our local business owners (other than the few that I know about that have not done so great b/c they were not selling sanctioned items that were printed elsewhere en masse) enough of a boost to help with the rent payment!
default_smile.png
I have enjoyed the excitement, but once Monday's over it will be nice to have the town back.

On a horsey note, my girl Cherry Bomb and Mouse are spending the weekend in town incognito in a backyard helping to trim back the grass and trample things down for a friend that wanted to have their yard be more cleared out w/out using any kind of bad chemicals. They also have two little boys that are entranced with being pony farmers for a few days. They are coming home soon though.

Hope you all had a great weekend. My feet are tired!

Liz

Latest posts

Back