What would you do?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that's awesome news how you've found a vet who is so willing to help the way she is. Fingers crossed for your boys recovery and long happy life but if that doesn't happen...you know you've done everything you could and should have no regrets.

Thanks y'all!

The vet was a really nice lady, about 35ish. She said that he has a major heart murmor so he more than likely couldn't even go through with the surgery. First thing he did was rub on her shoulder and give kisses, and she just loved him. She said all we can do is hope that the meds will make him want to walk. She unwrapped his foot, and said the canker isn't a good sign either. She said if we can help that and get him walking he'll be fine for now , but it's a BIG if, and she said he can't go through with surgeries so all we can do is hope

She asked if I have bandages and she would use mine so she wouldn't have to charge for it. She walked around the place and had to pet every mini. She said only one thing. Anything I need with the miniatures that I've "rescued" she would do for free, and everything here is so happy. I was crying.

She gave me another bottle of pills(antibotics) , and said 40 a day. I asked for the bill and she charged me 35 dollars for the pills.
default_aktion033.gif
She said I gave enough to other vets that she'll give me a break, and she'll come out here to redo a floating for a mini Saturdat on one that I rescued. The other vet was out 2 months ago and left a major sharp point that she felt

Here is a OLD picture of us two. Hopefully everything will be alright, I wish we were out of the clear tho

1269448011.jpg
Wow!!

Looks like you've had some fabulous times together. Hope all goes well for your boy.

Praying for a good outcome and for wisdom and strength for you in any decisions you may need to make.

And there is a rainbow bridge...its relief from physical pain...any living creature has access to it.

Every animal in our care has a limit on what can be spent to care for them. You can't find yourself unable to pay next months mortgage because of a vet bill. If you're homeless, that isn't going to help any one...people or animals.

i have sent you a pm

edited to add...

ah see that you got a vet with feelings, hope all goes better this time around....will be thinking of you and your old boy.......

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you found a vet that will take payments. It is hard to put a dollar limit on our animals health. I have been there too many times with a cat, two dogs and a two big horses. I wish I had a money tree! Wishing your boy a complete recovery!

Latest posts

Back