What would you do

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This afternoon I had a meeting with the teacher and other staff members for this district. She did say that she did remove him over the grape thing which is fine with with us.

The teacher also stated that she removed him and did not allow him to have his lunch. They have dismissed her from teaching with in this school and district wide which is a good thing.

Other parents have came forward about this issue with this teacher

I didnt have to use my lawyer. which is a good thing.
Very glad this had a good ending. Hope that teacher finds another line of work that doesn't involve children.

Hunterridge - glad to hear you got this settled without litigation. I'm glad you were able to work it out with school officials.

I hope your son will have a good school year now.

I think you way over reacted. I hope for the teachers sake she doesnt have kids of her own to try and figure out how she is going to feed because she no longer has a job and probably will never be able to get another teaching job because you couldnt of handled it like an adult to begin with.......

this world is way to sue happy these days.

I think you way over reacted. I hope for the teachers sake she doesnt have kids of her own to try and figure out how she is going to feed because she no longer has a job and probably will never be able to get another teaching job because you couldnt of handled it like an adult to begin with.......

this world is way to sue happy these days.

Ashley I do hope this never happens to your child. Then you will look at it different. I cant not help it that she lost her job. It was not my choice that she lost her job all i wanted was for her to tell me why she did it. But other parents in my sons class came foward to about it. SO this is not the first time that she has done this.

I am sorry she lost her job too.

BUT I am sure there must of been other complaints about this teacher.

Cannot believe they would just let her go for this.

Yes, we are the voice of our children and need more parents to look into their children's welfare.

Some parents now a days, do not even listen to their children until it is too late.

Parents and teachers need to keep a good communication going.

Last edited by a moderator:
This afternoon I had a meeting with the teacher and other staff members for this district. She did say that she did remove him over the grape thing which is fine with with us.

The teacher also stated that she removed him and did not allow him to have his lunch. They have dismissed her from teaching with in this school and district wide which is a good thing.

Other parents have came forward about this issue with this teacher

I didnt have to use my lawyer. which is a good thing.
Something not quite right about this story. You cannot fire a public employee instantly without a thorough and exhaustive investigation first. You can't do that during a 5 minute meeting and you certainly can't do it over such a petty issue.

miniwhinny-if the child's mother said she was going to get her lawyer involved, I bet the school didn't even care. With schools not getting the money they should be, it's easier to fire a teacher (because there are plenty more out there looking for jobs) then to deal with a lawsuit.

It is very easy to "PUSH AROUND" a school when you threaten a lawyer. Even back when I went to school in the stone age. My father did it and got what he wanted done. I am glad you got justice for your son. Too many parents just let it go and it is done over and over to other children.

it's easier to fire a teacher (because there are plenty more out there looking for jobs) then to deal with a lawsuit. [/quote
Ahhhh, but you forget...teachers have unions, and contracts...if there was no PROPER investigation, she (the teacher) definately does have grounds to sue the school on her own part for firing her.

Me, I would never have thought of calling a lawyer or threatening legal action, but even had I done so, would have been "happy" with a simple suspension. I do not beleive her actions were worth losing her entire career over. I was never a teacher, but by golly, there were definatly times in my career when there were days........
default_rolleyes.gif
Perhaps some people have never made a mistake...but I am not one of them.

Well said Sue C! I didn't think of the teacher's union....thank you for bringing that up

I hope she is a member of the educator's union. If she was fired so rapidly she has grounds to contact her OWN lawyer and pursue a law suit, and she should.

I hope whoever takes her place has a better way to discipline the children, I hope the children involved in the grape incident learned some respect and manners.

it's easier to fire a teacher (because there are plenty more out there looking for jobs) then to deal with a lawsuit. [/quote
Ahhhh, but you forget...teachers have unions, and contracts...if there was no PROPER investigation, she (the teacher) definately does have grounds to sue the school on her own part for firing her.
Interesting point
default_yes.gif

Ashley I do hope this never happens to your child. Then you will look at it different. I cant not help it that she lost her job. It was not my choice that she lost her job all i wanted was for her to tell me why she did it. But other parents in my sons class came foward to about it. SO this is not the first time that she has done this.
Bill Cosby said it best "But little Children are so TRUTHFUL . . . . yeah right!"

I've raised 2 kids to adulthood successfully. I've also been around lots of other kids in 4-H and around the schools. In My Opinion you overreacted, your son got scared because I'm guessing you started yelling about the teacher and he stood his ground because he was too scared to change his story. Then mob mentality takes over and pretty soon it's a witch hunt. Get a lawyer!! I'm going to Sue!! That's what's wrong with this country - it's suit happy. This certainly did not justify contacting a lawyer.

So now your son has learned a valuable lesson - mommy will believe anything. Did he learn that he shouldn't play with his food or throw it? Probably not.

The teacher lost her job and her reputation.

There are no winners here - with or without a lawyer.

Teachers are over worked, under paid, pay out of their own pocket for supplies their kids parents won't pay for and abused by their students.

I cannot believe they fired this teacher over something so petty. If I were the OP I would feel horrible for being responsible for that teacher loosing her lively hood and ruining her career! I couldn't sleep at night.

I am sleeping just fine. this teacher had been under investigating for this and when other parents came forward about this too and she said yes I have done this to these kids.

I never threaten them with my lawyer I had called him to see what my rights was on this as he had served on the school board for sometime.

YES my child learned not to play with his food. MY child does not have a reason to lie about the teacher not allowing him to have his lunch. He will tell you in a flat second that he will get into trouble for telling a tall tale.

I will stand up for anyone if they are in the right but when you are in the wrong NO I will not stand up for you. yes my child was in the wrong about the grapes.

I can promise one thing he will not play with food again at school.

What do you call this if not a threat:?

"I am one po mother here I have got a call into our laywer and he will be take care of this."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back