What should I be feeding?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rae

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out what kind of feed Sky should be getting. He is a 2 year old gelding and is at the correct weight according to his vet. He is not worked in any way at this point in time. My question is what should I be feeding him to maintain his current condition. He doesn't care for pellets so I would prefer a sweet feed. Can you all give me some suggestions. I am not very knowledgeable with feed so if you can explain it in simple terms I would really appreciate it. Some of my basic questions are what percentage of sweet feed should I be giving him, what ingredients should I look for or avoid and some name brands. I bought a sweet feed that was recommended to me by the feed store lady but I don't like the looks of it. It's just not a good looking feed if you ask me. It has a lot of molasses and corn in it, some whole pieces. The brand name is Hi-bloom and it's a 12 % sweet horse feed for performance horses and that just doesn't sound right to me. Thanks!!

What I give especially for 2 year olds is Omelane 200 and its a 14% sweet feed. The 100 is great too and I use that during the summer time and its a 10% sweet feed and less fating. If you just recently bought him perhaps ask the seller what they gave him.

Bumping this back up
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back