What pony farm is suffix "WAH"???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

disneyhorse

Reaction score
I've seen quite a few ponies registered with the suffix "WAH" and was wondering what pony farm that is, where they are?

Thank you,

Andrea

I've seen quite a few ponies registered with the suffix "WAH" and was wondering what pony farm that is, where they are?

Thank you,

Andrea
Hi Andrea: WAH stands for Warren A. Hansen. He's a long time breeder of Modern ponies and I believe his father before him was a big breeder. Warren runs a couple of auctions a year, I think in MN, and is active in the club but don't believe that he's breeding anymore He's in Iowa. He has a few ponies scattered here and there, I vaguely remember him telling me about a herd he has in OR, and I could be wrong about that. Many of his ponies are being used, with excellent results, as brood mares. Think at one time, they stood some really outstanding and famous stallions. At any rate, he's very well known in the industry. Others can probably fill in more information, but hope this helps. Ta, Shirlee

Thank you Shirlee, that's what I wanted to know.

Andrea

Thank you! My 3 year old mare is out of a WAH mare, and I've been searching and searching the internet for more info on the suffix with no luck!

A friend of mine has some of Warren's ponies and I think she has some for sale. She talks to him on the phone alot. I could put you and her in touch if you're interested in speaking with her.

slinkky

As far as I know Warren is still breeding. As mentioned, he also runs the Northstar sale held each spring and fall at the I-90 Expo Center in Sherburn, MN (www.i-90expocenter.com I think).

Back