What is with this weather?????

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mulligans Run

Reaction score
All these rapid changes - 70's here all week and then yesterday the storms roll through with water spouts on our local lake, and tornados over three states. Marty is snowed in up in Tennessee, we've got gusting winds - tore down one of our stallion shelters. The low tonight is 29 degrees
default_shutup.gif
: ..and they say next week is going to be in the 70's again?????

Is my memory failing me because this just doesn't seem normal. I know we have weather changes with the seasons, but these just seem so extreme.
default_wink.png
:

I think it's the Polar Tilt.

Or the Apocalypse.

It's been very strange the last couple of winters actually.

It's supposed to be 60 here tomorrow. Now that is really strange.

Well, we would be thrilled to have rain or snow here! All we have is highs in the 60's and 70's and wildfires!!!! It's already burned over 400,000 acres in Oklahoma. No end in sight yet, either. Sigh.....

I've never seen anything like it and I've lived here all of my life.

Oh Becky, I am soooooo sorry..I promise in lieu of complaining about our rain and bad weather I will pray for you to have some of it..
default_wink.png
: Seriously I will pray for rain for you. I think it is unseasonably dry for this time of year for you isn't it. When I lived in Tulsa, it snowed a tremendous amount this time of year..of course that was 33 years ago..

It's nuts here too. January is the coldest month for us and it was 54 yesterday. I kinda miss the snow, all it does is rain.

Lee

Personally, I think every corner of this continent is getting VERY wierd weather!

MA

Oh, not just your continent!!!

We haven't had a Winter, and it is basically over. A smatter of Snow and that was it. Last rained- Oh, before Christmas??

We have officially been in drought conditions for the last five years (which, I am afraid, in England just means it hasn't rained!!) although the government keeps denying it the local news keeps reminding them- annoying that!! Every so often everywhere floods, so people not involved with the land in any way think it's alright. I have been on my acreage fro 32 years now- when I cam here you could swim a horse in the river, nowadays the fish have trouble swimming past certain places, it is so shallow!!!

Most definately strange abnormal weather.

It's been way too warm here for a usual January. We have tons of mud here from so much rain.

Yesterday got up to 60 degrees in the early afternoon. By about 5 pm it was in the low 40's and by 8pm, we had blizzard like conditions. Very strong winds and snow. The snow only amounted to about 1 inch, but it is freezing outside today. About 25 degrees.

Yep...Sharon's right!!! We have had a very mild winter so far....I'm not complaining tho! :bgrin And last night was really wierd!!! Up in the 60's and then sometime around 7:00 the temp started to drop drastically....rain and sprinkles turned to snow and wind.....blizzardy conditions, and then much to our surprise we got anywhere from 4 to 7 inches with drifts higher. Weatherman said only about an inch or 2.
default_wacko.png
: The horses and pups re enjoying it tho...and it's Sunday.....so we're pretty much in a winter wonderland! :aktion033:

Last edited by a moderator:
We had a really cold Nov, burned a half cord of wood in no time. Then just before Christmas it warmed up and hasnt cooled down yet. Its been an easy 25/30 degrees above normal. The horses are shedding out, I SURE hope it doesnt cool off, poor guys :no: Even the birds are migrating odd. Our Robins just fly through, but they have been here for well over a month. And talk about dry!!!! We had an unusually wet august, but now our stock tank is about 7' low. And we are just on the tipof the drought, people north are really bad off

It's been really mild here too. When I woke up yesterday it was breezy and bright then by the mid afternoon it was COLD and gusting so badly one of the stop signs in the parking lot I work at curled around it's post and TORE. It looks like a big metal matchstick. Then it began to drizzle which turned to snow and it felt like living in a snow globe. Pastures are mud, trees have fallen. I'm ready to have summer back.

:aktion033: We've had far more warm than cold here and I LOVE IT :bgrin :aktion033:

The few days with heavy wind, too much cold and/or tooo heavy rain are quite tolerable, overall......looking backward, of course
default_wink.png
: GOSH, I'm hoping this warmer than norm winter continues another couple of months -- into Spring! Hey, my grass is sprouting everywhere and a hard freeze with really hurt it :lol:

You sure wont find me complaining about this weather. Normally we have about 3-4 feet of snow, and very cold weather, the teens would be high for us..with alot of days below zero, now we have about 4" of snow, with alot of bare spots, our temps have been in the mid to upper 30's, but our nights get below freezing...so we have a huge skating rink wherever you look! I HATE ice :eek:
default_sad.png
:no: our snowmobile trails are nothing but mud, and the ice fishing derbys have been cancelled, the lakes are unsafe with the ice situation. This probably still sounds cold for alot of you, but believe me--its not for living WAYYYY up here. I would love it if all our winters were like this, but would at least stay warm enought so we dont have any ice. DARN night temps! We havent even had any blizzards yet..really odd for us. Corinne

Latest posts

Back