What is the weirdest nickname

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually call Chrissy, " Kicky Baby" cause man, she used to pack a punch.....those back legs were lethal weapons.

Nick or course is Nick the D____K

Sonny is "The Son Man" or "Dammit Son"

This is SO fun!

I don't have anything so adorable left here but here are my girls:

Diminutives Theraly OvertheMoon: we call her Missy Moo
wacko.gif

Diminutives Baroness Vant Thera: we call her Thera (real original eh)

Diminutiives Treasures Secret Gold: we call her Treasure (sigh)

Galloping G Black Berry: we call her "Halley Berry" cuz she is black and has nice long sexy legz like the actress

My stallion residing in Va currently is Galloping G All That Glows: we call him Glow Bug or Bugs

My favorite name was for a really sweet stallion I sold this year. Kays MLF Alpha High Hopes. We called him "Dopey". See when he was 2 we introduced him to the fine art of breeding and he had no idea where IT went. Glacia (then about 15) and I were out there in the paddock trying to get this mare bred and he kept "missing" the target SO we kinda "helped". He became Dopey from there. He was such a great gentle stallion with the ladies after that lesson. I know his new mom just loves him.

This is SO fun!

I don't have anything so adorable left here but here are my girls:

Diminutives Theraly OvertheMoon: we call her Missy Moo
wacko.gif

Diminutives Baroness Vant Thera: we call her Thera (real original eh)

Diminutiives Treasures Secret Gold: we call her Treasure (sigh)

Galloping G Black Berry: we call her "Halley Berry" cuz she is black and has nice long sexy legz like the actress

My stallion residing in Va currently is Galloping G All That Glows: we call him Glow Bug or Bugs

My favorite name was for a really sweet stallion I sold this year. Kays MLF Alpha High Hopes. We called him "Dopey". See when he was 2 we introduced him to the fine art of breeding and he had no idea where IT went. Glacia (then about 15) and I were out there in the paddock trying to get this mare bred and he kept "missing" the target SO we kinda "helped". He became Dopey from there. He was such a great gentle stallion with the ladies after that lesson. I know his new mom just loves him.

ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO KNOW??? I was trying to think of a name for this little filly and my daughter-in-law who is usually very quiet and shy says "why don't you just call her S____-Head, she looks like she fell head first in a pile"

Kd3.jpg

Her registered name is Oak Hills Din-ah-Mite

Barn name is Dinah, but we call herS___-Head
wub.gif
wub.gif
no.gif

[SIZE=14pt]My most "odd" nick name is my one dwarf named Pretty Girl... My boyfriend calls her Grandma Long Neck or Grandma Walking Farts (Larry the cable guy) and yes she has them too LOL[/SIZE]

April

MVC-875S.jpg

MVC-880S.jpg

Really guilty here
rolleyes.gif

Sterling .....ster.....ter....terd.....terly whirly......

Buffy....buff......buffstuff

extra.....X....xman

two of my sheep are miss piggy or piggy...and the other is sis....

the majority of the flock is just called dam_m_it sheep (yes they think that is their name)
biggrin.gif

and the goat is dam_n goat

one of my new finnsheep is called "hey miss stuff" she is very cute and friendly to boot
wink.gif

My cats have several names

champaigne....champaininthea_s_s.....he_l_lfire.....CAT

chandon....chardonnay.......darnation ....lounge lizard....liz......CAT

the dogs all have short names so not alot of extra's........tug.....gunn.....max

then there is nona/nono/no

and the new guy willy......willy the wonder dog.....willy the whizzer......wee willly whizzz
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

All my critters have two names. Guess its a Texas thang.
yes.gif

Minis

Rudy: Rudy Boots

Star Oaks Fancy Pants: Fancy Pants

Monastary Marachi: Marci Girl

ShawneeCreek The Horse That Wasn't: Haylee Cakes

ShawneeCreek Mega Bucks Tonto: Tonto Saurus

Mcspiritts Mega Bucks: Bucky Boy

Donita's Days of Destiny: Baby Rachel

Dogs

Buster Brown

Sissy Fi

Lil Pugger

Cat

Echo Star

This is a fun thread. I have a horse named Dash of Dusty Gold and his barn name is Dusty but like someone else I too call him Dust Buster. From time to time he also gets called Little S!!! becase once in a while he acts that way and is about 29 in.

I have another Stud and his name is Monogramms Royal Refllection and his barn name is Royal but he gets called a Royal turd some times.

Monogramm because his name is so long gets called, Mon most of the time and I also call him Bubba Boy. When I want him to really pay attention it is his full name though.

I bought a mare that her name is Martins Masquerade Ball and she came with the barn name of Kay Ray. I am not sure how she ever got that but when I first got her I didn't know what they called her and so I tired lots of names like Mask, Ball, but she didn't respond then I found out what they called her she knew who I was talking to.

I have another mare and her name is Deer Creeks Yabadabado. She gets called Yab or Yabber,

I do try and name my horses with something in there name I can call them

REO said:
The pretty boy in my avatar is RHA Lotto Locomotion and from day one he has been Dingle Snort to me! I don't know why. I call him "Nort" for short!
Oh my God, another person who uses that!
new_shocked.gif
I thought I was the only one to call my horses Dingle Snort. Dinglebell is also common around here.

pepperhill said:
I didn't realize how ridiculous all these were until I went to type them out.
biggrin.gif
Thunder said:
It's amazing what you find yourself calling your horses when you sit down like this and think about it.
Amen, sisters. Nothing like a good laugh at ourselves to brighten up a day.
biggrin.gif

runamuk said:
My cats have several nameschampaigne....champaininthea_s_s.....he_l_lfire.....CAT

chandon....chardonnay.......darnation ....lounge lizard....liz......CAT
My Max is Kamikaze Kat, KK for short. Named for his tendency to suddenly spring into action, race down the stairs, miss the corner and slam into the wall.
rolleyes.gif

KW said:
...When I want him to really pay attention it is his full name though.
Oh good, I'm not the only one. I love going "H...V...Bo...REGAL! You stop it right now." "Spyderman" gets yelled short and sharp or as "Spy-der-mannnn," and Kody either gets chastised as DA-Kota! or "Arrowstar's Dakota, you knock it off!" They all know.

Short Snort is another one I use.

Leia

103_0328-322x237.jpg

Heres Little Trigger

aka nickname..................STINK-POT

thats been his nickname ever since he was born

Let's see.

"Taylors Tinker Toy" Call name: Tinker

Nick Names: Tinker Tubs(because she's chucky) and Tinker Tot (don't know were this came from, just started calling her that)

"Cypress Meadows Cowboy" Call name: Rascal (because he is one)

Nick Names: Rasco-lee-o (???) and because is he is a rascal he gets called a few other "choice" names at times
rolleyes.gif

"Cool Maggie Lark" (my Quarter Horse) Call name: Maggie

Nick Names: Maggie Magpie, Big Momma and Momma (because she pregnant)

The mini's also have a group nick name. They are "My little minis", that's what I use to call them for meal time ("Here My Little Minis!")

Let's see, I'll just do a few..

Magic Mist Cisco's Leather N Lace-- "Sis", because that is what my daughter called her sire when she showed him (Cisco).
rolleyes.gif

Magic Mist All Revved Up--- " Revelly "

Magic Mist Color On Fire-- "Fire Man", and I am fond of telling people and horses "not to play with Fire or you will get burned"
biggrin.gif

Magic Mist Remember Me-- "Remikins"

NJs Some Kinda Cat-- "Kat Balloo"

The weirdest nicknames we have aren't for the horses, but for our Great Dane. Her name is "Hayley" but my husband has always called her "The Big Galoot", and then "Galoot-A-Saurus" and "Galoot-E-Us-Maximus" yeah, she's BIG-- bigger than a lot of the horses.
wub.gif

In advance I am so sorry wee man exposing your nick names oh my poor little man other people call him these because they here me and it sticks with ihm
wub.gif

Wee Man:

The Wee

Physcotic Horse(JANICE!)

baby wee

Wee(with a really dumb tone!!LOL)

Well, there's

TJ Bordeoux -barn name- Callahan- other names- Can Man, Cow Han, The Man

Oh Sure Pat- barn name- Rebel- other names - Rebeldy Pebeldy, Pebel, (he's huge
laugh.gif
), Reb

Trouble in General -barn name- Trouble- other names- Terrible, A-Team

?- barn name- Zap- other names- Zapper, Snappy, Snappy Zappy, Zipper

Chip Bar Wilkin??- barn name- Trader- other names- Trigger, Tigger, Yeller, you $%*(#!!

MMW'S Bit O' Maverick??- barn name- Maverick- other names- Mervick, Squervin' Mervin' (don't ask because I don't know
wacko.gif
)

Little Feats Sequoia- barn name- Coop- other names- Coup De'Ville, Cooper Scooper (I think that was derived from him being a pain cleaning his pen you know Pooper Scooper
rolleyes.gif
)

There were two more that we used to own that had abbreviated names, can't remember the registered names and no nick names, but they were JD (juvenile delinquent) and CP (cool pony) I just thought those were cute.

That's all I can think of right now. Maverick and Coop are minis, the others are QH's and Paints. We own several more, but they don't really have nicknames.

Edited to add a few I forgot
biggrin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Horsefeathers Blue Mischief - aka 'Bucket' Had to look up her reg. name, forgot what it was, we've called her bucket for such a long time.
rolleyes.gif
When she was a baby, she would always sleep with her head in a bucket...thus the name.

CCA's Little Dream - aka 'Porker' She was very rotund. Took her to a show once, didn't place that time, so asked judge what she didn't like about her...her answer: "She looks like a potato with toothpicks sticking out." So, when she had a colt, we named him 'Horsefeathers Lil Tator Tot.'
biggrin.gif

This is fun!

Let's see....

QH's: Duckle Dance a/k/a Duck or Disco Duck; Slick a/k/a Slick Ticket

Mini Boys: SW Kings Creation a/k/a Cree, Cree Bert, Bert;

Grosshills Mysterious Appy a/k/a Rio or Ree Ree

SW Little Top Buck a/k/a Bucky, Bucky Doodle or Buck Buck

Cascades Magic Rhythm a/k/a Magic, Madge or Madgie

Mini Girls: Star Nights Silver Edition a/k/a Peek-A-Boo or Peekers Poopers; Magic Place Its No Wonder a/k/a Wonder Bred; Dent Miss Sassie a/k/a Sassers Frassers or Sass; Amazing Grace Dixie Crystals a/k/a Dixie Doodle; SG White Linen a/k/a Lin Lin or Linnies; Dent Miss Darlene a/k/a Misty or Misty Blue

We used to have a little dwarf named Star, whose barn name was Lil Stink Bug, Stinky or Buggy. He was also called Star Man.

I have one I call Goatie because of the sound of her whinny.

I used to have a mare I called Night Mare, because when she first arrived, she was, then turned into a sweetheart. I still miss Night Mare.

Won't go into the full registered name but just part of it.

Houston - Huey - she looks like Baby Huey with a big belly.

Spitfire - Spitty, normally everyone asks me does she spit or something.

Cinnamon - CiniMini

Diamond - Lady Di or Di Di, Lady Di is 24 years old and treated like a queen.

Pebbles - Pebbly-poo - lots of poo

Cascades Time Out - Timey

Zoey- ZoeyButt because seems like that butt is always facing you

Midnite Bell- Belly, she has a big belly

Little Bit of Storm - Littles, she is our 14.2 Morgan mare and everyone gets a kick out of us calling her Littles when she is the biggest horse on the place. Our only full size.

This is a fun thread........

We call our baby girl from this year Zuni - she has been nicknamed Zuni Toons.

It is so fitting as she is sooooo funny of a baby.......she makes us laugh every day with her antics.....

Her Dad is Zee and has been dubbed Baby from the day we brought him home and will remain so, forever....... He is so little compared to everyone else and he has the nicest congenial temperment of any horses I've ever had.....he always has his best manners on.

Zena - we called Baby Girl but since Zuni was born her nickname has become Sissy. She's the babysitter and is very competent at the job. She's going to make a wonderful mommy some day, she is so loving.

Zoe the Mom is just Zoe, or Zoey or if she's being a pill it ZARINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Graffix, the big guy, is called Graffe or Unc for Uncle - he loves his little buddies, especially the girls........

Our barn cat is a solid black cat we call Miss Kitty......but he's a boy. He crawls all over our Bearboy and Bear carries him by his head......if he doesn't the cat winds himself thru his legs, rubs underneath his stomach, walks back and forth under his face, dragging his tail back and forth till Bearboy picks him up, slobbers all over him and then Miss Kitty settles down to cleaning himself......Weird!

Wonderful critters, am clueless what' we'd do without them.....

Girl horses/dogs/cats regardless of their registered/call names are always referred to as "sister," or "sister poo" if I'm calling them something other than their call/barn name.

Boy horses/dogs/cats are generally called "buddy" or "dingle berry"..affectionately of course
biggrin.gif
..if you're a fluffy boy cat..I've probably called you "fluffy buns" to boot..poor animals, but they SEEM to like it
wub.gif
Actually, in their winter woolies, ALL my ponies, regardless of gender MAY be called fluffy buns:)

Latest posts

Back