What is the weirdest nickname

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobbyhorse23

Reaction score
Okay, I caught myself calling goodbye to "Boo-casa" this morning and realized I get some really weird nicknames going for my horses without even thinking about it. How does "HV Bo Regal," barn name "Bo," turn into Boo-casa and Boo-ka-berry and Bobo and Boo-sue?
unsure.gif
Not to mention "fox ears" and "furry wonder" and all the other assorted names they collect.

What are your weirdest nicknames? Please give registered name, barn name, and then phonetically spelled nicknames.
biggrin.gif

Spyderman is Spyder and Darrow and Peedee and Peederman and Spadeeder and even occasionally Dye-der. Not to mention Bubba and Brat and Lover and Sweetpea and Partner and and and....

Arrowstar's Dakota is Dakota/Kody, and he's Koda-bean, Kode-man, Kodara, Koddin, Koda-kins, Kodek...also Lil' Snot, Pony-kins, Holy Terror, Maniac, Hey You, Stop It, Whoa-Darn-It....
laugh.gif

Let's hear 'em!

Leia

Ok, I'll play...

Ravenwoods Cheddar - 22 year old half-arab - mostly "Cheddar", but also "booger" and "old man" (used to be "baby", but he's long past that).

Miss Hayley Zip - 8 year old APHA mare - "Hayley", and also "Hayley doodles", "doodle-bug"

heck Coulee Rebel - 2 year old AQHA gelding - "Rebel"; and "Rebel D", Rebel D Rouser

heck Coulee Tango - 3 yo AQHA gelding - "Tango"; and "Tangaroo"

heck Coulee Sassafras - 2 yo APHA filly - "Sassy"; and "Frassy"

Rebs Foolish Duster - mare I sold two years ago - "Foolish" - Miss Moo (she was a bossy cow).

Triple Ks Boogies Dakota Sunset - yearling mini stallion - "Dakota" - Koda, stud-muffin, studly muffin boy and a couple others that come up occassionally.
wink.gif

Dakota Legends Dusty's Early Morn - 2 yo mini mare - "Misty" - Misty-muffin, Miss chunky-butt

LeMars Montana Maid - weanling mini filly - "Tana" - "Tana Banana" (I'm sure as her personality comes through, she's have more.
wink.gif

the names we use sometimes we can't say on this board.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I don't usually call them pet names, but I have named one Trouble. His full name is Foys RH Fancy Trouble. He is a really little guy and I take him to nursing homes and daycares a lot and they really think that is a funny name. Some of the regulars that I see will get a kick out of me telling them that he is named after them and some of the little older ladies will give him hugs and tell him that he shouldn't listen to me cause he is no 'trouble' at all.
biggrin.gif
I actually named him because he would hide in the tall grasses in the pasture and make me walk the pasture to find him when I called the mares in every evening. I told him he was nothing but 'trouble' and the name stuck.

I have horse of BeBop breeding named Yakkity Yak Don't Talk Back. Barn name Yakki, but that has degenerated to Yakki Doodle Dandy, to Doodle, to Doodie. Weird. But when he's in trouble it's still YAK!!!! Pronounced very low and scratchy and nasally. Momma's 'you better knock it off' voice.

My clydesdale gelding was affectionately named "Dope on a Rope" by the 4H girls. Unfortunatly, it kinda fits.
rolleyes.gif

Jayne

Dusty, my gelding, was originally named Magic Dust. Then we got Dusty, then we got Dust Buster, then from that we got Dust Muffin, and now we call him Muffin.

Diego we are still making nicknames. I call him "D" while my mom calls him "The Puke"
new_shocked.gif

jayne said:
I have horse of  BeBop breeding named Yakkity Yak Don't Talk Back.  Barn name Yakki, but that has degenerated to Yakki Doodle Dandy, to Doodle, to Doodie.  Weird.  But when he's in trouble it's still YAK!!!!  Pronounced very low and scratchy and nasally.  Momma's 'you better knock it off' voice.
My clydesdale gelding was affectionately named "Dope on a Rope" by the 4H girls.  Unfortunatly, it kinda fits. 
rolleyes.gif

Jayne

496164[/snapback]

My 1st horse's name is Sweetwaters Commendable, He was called "Skeeter" by his former owners for his 1st 5 years, I guess I am stuck with it!

Debbie

The pretty boy in my avatar is RHA Lotto Locomotion and from day one he has been Dingle Snort to me! I don't know why. I call him "Nort" for short!

First Knights Lady Snippette I call Snips (pronounced Snee-ups)

Most everyone goes by a shortened version of their full name.

One exception is "Martin's Bessed Dressed Sinatra" gets called Frank, Franko Franchesco, Francis, Francisco, Frankenstein, Frankenfurter...anything that starts with "Fra".

Our strange one is "Lavalier's Blaze of Glory".

Her barn name it "Wittle Pizza".
unsure.gif
?

To me, all horses are usually just "Buddy" or "Baby".

Fun Thread, I'll play too...................

MF Charmed Lady Luck, AKA Ruby, gets called Rubella (like the disease) or Rubooly Tubooly
biggrin.gif

MHR Rosebud, AKA Rosey, gets called Rosey Posey

MF Charmed Jangles Rev Elle Ation, AKA Ellie, gets called Ellie Mazer

Heartland's Peppy's Pride, AKA Peppy, gets called Pepper-onious or Pepperoni Pony

Palmers Laverne, AKA Lizzy, gets called Lizzy Luford

Hilo Soft Touch, AKA Diamond, gets called Diamonique

Styles Rocky Creeks Lady Di, AKA Dixie, gets called Dixie Doodle

MF Charmed I Am Red White And BTU, AKA Noah, gets called Noey, so NO-EEE

MF Charmed C Me Shimmer, AKA Shimmer, is Shim Sham or Shammer Jammer or Shimmy

MF Charmed IMA Gonna Be A Star, AKA Finnigan, is Finner or FinnerGinner or Finny

MF Charmed White Dove Dark, AKA Karo, is Karry Bear

Big Horses.......................

Amy my old Thoroughbred mare has always been Amy Cat.

Mork my Half Arab is either Mork The Dork or Morkus Dorkus.

Those are all my nicknames, a few of my horses don't have nicknames they just get called their barn name. Those are BC, CD, Drew, Grettle, and Moon.
wub.gif

Mystery Girl turned into Mist, then Mister Berry, Mister Kister and now it is Kissy-doo. Occasionally we call her Mis-take!
laugh.gif

Rowdy Roan Girl=Rowdy.then Roadaka-sue, Sue-loo, and occasionally Looser

Moonstar Lady= Ladybug and Fuzzbutt

Shiny Penny= Henny Penny

Sheza Honey= Honey Bun, BunBun, Bunaka

Hollywoods Cajun Rebel=Cajun Beans, Beanie boy, and when deserved, Buckethead!

Ally=The alley cat, Alison, Allowiesha and Allister

Trinket= Trina, Trisket and then Trix

Fancy Dancer became Fancy pants

Katie became Katie-Kate, Katie-Potatie, Potatohead and then Spud.

Susan=Sue-Lou, Suzy-Doo, Doo Lou and finally Doodlebug.

I didn't realize how ridiculous all these were until I went to type them out.
biggrin.gif

Fun Thread, I'll play too...................

MF Charmed Lady Luck, AKA Ruby, gets called Rubella (like the disease) or Rubooly Tubooly
biggrin.gif

MHR Rosebud, AKA Rosey, gets called Rosey Posey

MF Charmed Jangles Rev Elle Ation, AKA Ellie, gets called Ellie Mazer

Heartland's Peppy's Pride, AKA Peppy, gets called Pepper-onious or Pepperoni Pony

Palmers Laverne, AKA Lizzy, gets called Lizzy Luford

Hilo Soft Touch, AKA Diamond, gets called Diamonique

Styles Rocky Creeks Lady Di, AKA Dixie, gets called Dixie Doodle

MF Charmed I Am Red White And BTU, AKA Noah, gets called Noey, so NO-EEE

MF Charmed C Me Shimmer, AKA Shimmer, is Shim Sham or Shammer Jammer or Shimmy

MF Charmed IMA Gonna Be A Star, AKA Finnigan, is Finner or FinnerGinner or Finny

MF Charmed White Dove Dark, AKA Karo, is Karry Bear

Big Horses.......................

Amy my old Thoroughbred mare has always been Amy Cat.

Mork my Half Arab is either Mork The Dork or Morkus Dorkus.

Those are all my nicknames, a few of my horses don't have nicknames they just get called their barn name. Those are BC, CD, Drew, Grettle, and Moon.
wub.gif

Six Gems Spotted Fever is most oftenly called "Fever Beaver". Why you ask? It rhymes.
yes.gif

When he does something funny I call him "crazy kid" or "crazy baby"
wacko.gif
and when he gets on my nerves or does something stupid (which is very rare) he conjures up the nick name "dumb butt".
ohmy.gif
laugh.gif
wub.gif

The wierdest barn name any of my horses has HAD (past tense!) was "Lonesome". Lonesome is my former small B division show stallion, now a gelding. He's beautiful! The girl I bought him from registered him w/o a prefix as "Lonely No Longer", which I like fine. However, her nickname for him was "Crisco". YUCK!!! Her thought was that Crisco is a shortening... He was basically a rescue situation (some of you will remember this from years ago), so the best thing I did for him was get him vet care, de-worming and groceries, but I also think a decent call name was another favor I did him
laugh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
haha okay so i have a whole bunch of pretty neat nicknames. Here they are:

Mars Little Beep Beep-okay so the name is just plain weird! Her dam was pregs and my uncle came in the driveway and she was in the way so he beeped the horn twice..she went in the ditch and had a beautiful little filly! We thought it'd be funny to name her beep beep.

Sweetie-Precious is what we ACTUALLY named her but i call her Preshy Poo

ARC Vanna- Vanna Banana or just Nana

ARC Vanessa- Nessa or Nessy

Dakota Mcqs Red Pepper-okay this is not a nice name but Pepper is not a very nice horse! She's really nasty and just plain horrible (has pretty babies though!) so my grandma calls her "pecker head". I know it's really not nice!

ARC Rowena-Weeny

Brewers Dark Magic-I call him my 'old man' he's in his 20s and is such a character!

O Henrys Shasta Daisy-the naughtiest little filly EVER! We call her Sheister

ARC RAmbling Rose-we used to own this one but sold her. She would always come up to have her butt scratched CONSTANTLY so we named her 'itchy butt'.

O Henrys Viking-I call this boy Pappy. he's so arrogant and I'm the only one that can catch him. I whistle and yell Aye Papi and he comes running!!
biggrin.gif

O Henrys Forever Magic-I call her Feebers or just 'mamas baby!'

ARC Roanan-Roanie Pony

Mars Gabrielle-Gabster or Gabby!

Bubba- our quarter horse...we call him Bubba Darn..he's such a mush and so nosy he gets into everything so we always end up saying 'bubba, darnit' and then we just started calling him bubba darn!

Willow Creeks Im 2 Cool 2 Dance- This one thinks he's hot stuff..."cool boy"

Bears Hi Fi- Bear Bear my grandma calls him ' the cripple' because he tore the ligaments in front shoulders and can't use them too well. He's still all stud and gets around quite fine. he fights with everyone and is such a loud mouth. Oh ya...during the summer we call him 'the mouth' because late at night when we're watching a mare it'll be all quiet and then all of the sudden Bear will let out the loudest shrill cry. Drives ya bonkers and makes you about pee your pants!

Toyland Penny Cloud- Penny Wise-from the movie "IT"
unsure.gif

That's about all I can think of now! I know there's lots more!!

We have a lot like how others have said names you can't repeat but here are a few we can:

Serene Acres Stepping Cocky AKA Swamp

Ten L's Splendors Nighthawk AKA Bird

SMHC's Freedom's Rocket AKA Rocketito

Flights of Fancys Out Of The Blue AKA Ding

Caldwell's Impressible AKA Presley and last but not least

Flying A's Maybe My Ransom AKA Handsome Ransom

Some of the variations:

Fascination--FAS-cin-NATION(when I'm mad at her), Fas

Reflexmay--reflemay(ref-la-may), ref, reffers, airhead

Pippin--Pippin, pippin beastie, pippers

Dapper Dan--Dapper Dan, Dan, Dan da Man, Danny Boy, Mister Dan

Whats funny is Dan is the one that has had the most name changes....his breeder called him Junior, his next owner called him Kidd, her parents called him Butter or Butters, and I named him Dapper Dan. He definitely knows his name though!

Our first mini was Thundering Dust Bunny......DUST BUNNY, for short!

David, our son, will be getting his own puppy in December....a Blue Heeler/Aussie Shepherd mix. As you know, he has a high functioning form of autism and his current subject of fascination/study is World War II. That said, he's decided to name his dog.......Churchill (after "Prime Minister Winston Churchill).

Hear that Fizz?!!!
wink.gif

Well mine are named-- Short Fat Fanny May Supreme

and L&M Supremes Mercedes and I call both of them the same thing--

Goo Goo Girls or Girley Gooes.

This is such a fun thread!!

We have:

Bear Branch Painted Pocahantas - Poca, Pokie, Little Miss Uppity

Bear Branch Painted TiPoni - Tippy, Tie, Tiddlie-Whumps

Bear Branch Painted Rain Dance - Raindance, Rain, Rainey, Little Missy Miss

Century Farms Amaretta - Amy, Ammy(am-me), sweetie-pie, baby-cakes, snookie-ookums

Vermilyea Alphalfas Charming Lady - Charm, Charmed

ERL Midnite Lace - Lace, Lacey, "Big" Mama, Aunt Jamima(ju-my-ma)

HHF Debonaires Silver Lining - Beamer, Beams, Little Mama

Coyote Runs Painted Pretty - Pretty Girl, Pretty, Miss Priss, Miss Thang, Diva Girl

Sharrway Kajuns Rowdy Enchantress - Rowdy, Zena

SRF Calypso - Calypso, Clippers, the "witch",Kipsers

Black Thunders TK Enchanted Mist - Mist, Misty, IM (imitation donkey because she kicks like our donkeys)

Black Thunders TK Cape Calypso - Caper, Little Ghost, Sass'n Frass

Seahorse Scout's Pride N Arrogance - Pridester, Little Man, Baby Doll, the Pride Man

Horsefeathers Silver Attraction - Micro-Chip, Mountain Man, Wild Man

RNR Adonis Mycenaen Lad - Laddie, Mr. Man, Show-off, Laddler

It's amazing what you find yourself calling your horses when you sit down like this and think about it.

Latest posts

Back