What if I were to say

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone has little cuties! I was just wondering what the "non-Trendy" horses looked like. They look pretty good to me!! :aktion033:

Here is my girl this was taken in March and still had some winter wooleys. Everyone loves Lollipop.

Carlene

Ty_Lollipop.jpg

My stocky guy is in my Avatar. Sorry, but I have not figured out how to post pictures.

I like the stocky type but they don't place well at most shows.

Deb

how about a rolly-poly built Mini? LOL!!!

blue1right.JPG

but he does have a TINY HEAD at least!

blue2.JPG

Even if he is a rolly polly, I think he is gorgeous! I have always loved him ever since I saw him in your avatar.
default_wub.png
:

Sorry, I only have one mini, and I would not describe him as "course" or "stocky".

This is a Client owned horse, MMF Our Mini Farm Firecracker who I would describe as a big, stocky, individual... :bgrin He is a strong 36" and is as solid as they come. Has not really hurt him in the show pen as he has been Grand or Reserve Grand everytime shown and even was named Champion of Champions/ Over at his First show! I love this guy and if I needed a gelding, I would have bought him from my client by now... as it stands, I am looking for a home that is looking for a gentle giant to have some fun with...

eded5ebd.jpg

eded5f53.jpg

Come by and say "hi" to him at Nationals... he LOVES people!!

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

Hi Shellie,

Thank you for the photos as always delightful and fun to have! Thank you so much!

When I first started in minis there were two kinds of classes one was for the draft type mini and one for the more refined.

Turned out nobody wanted to say they had the draft type! So that class was dropped, I don't think it should have been but you know.....

I think like every other breed we refine and refine until they are gorgeous but you can't do anything with them to delicate.

I remember a horseman I very much respect told me quite awhile back, when he would go looking for quarter horses for resale the guy at whose farm he was at would bring out his 16 hand gorgeous quarter horse to show him proud as all get out, but when he would go get the horse to do the rounding up and ranchwork with it was the old 14 hand bulldog type of qtr horse that actually did the work!

So I don't think you need to feel funny if you like the more what i would call the OLD time Morgan look!

Go for it!

You should get what YOU like!!!!

Hugs

Bonnie

how about this chubby little chick! Ghost's a pudgey girl, but that's just the way i like her! :bgrin

julyfourth002.jpg

this one shows her too:

ghostie010.jpg

so she may not be what's "in style" right now, but whatever. she's just a pet for me
default_wub.png
: so who cares? not like i'm trying to win the nationals with her. the most we might to is a small quiet local show.

and everyone in the neighborhood loves her! (regardless of her belly) :lol:

Here is my 36 inch gelding Peanut. He is a slaughter rescue, but he has done VERY well int ehs show ring. I just didnt have time to work with him this year with my knee and all.

peanutfatneck.jpg

P5130006.jpg

P5130004.jpg

Well here's a gal that has a solid bone structure, and may fit into that catagory, and also is for sale..

kachina0703pose.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back