What Hobbies do you have

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Camping and rafting with my family and friends.

scrapbooking and making cards, love to use my Cricut machine for this.

I love to read, when I'm not too high strung to sit still.

I make jewelry.

Surfing the net, I am obsessed with facebook and this forum!

Love to crochet and cross- stitchbut cant anymore-its too painful on my elbow...

I collect Longaberger and Boyds bears-I have way too many of both!

Last edited by a moderator:
Basketmiss, do you really like your criscut machine? The cutter my hubby bought was so outrageous in price and we haven't even used it but a few times. It is one of the big commercial ones. So I am hoping to have the patio cleared out and enclosed before summer so I can start using it.

I have so many ideas I need to write them all down and want to get started.

I will be able to do just about everything on it from signs, magnetic signs for cars, wrapp cars, to clothing.

Well I use to like to spend tons of time in the barn with the horses but don't have horses anymore but the love is still there.

I use to make and sell ceramics for 10 years until I broke my back a few years ago.

I love to crochet just simple things if my old hands will hold up.

My grand-kids I guess you can call a hobby as I spend as much time as I can with them.

I write books and so far have written three and working right now rewriting one of them.

I love hanging out here on the Back Porch!

Basketmiss, do you really like your criscut machine? The cutter my hubby bought was so outrageous in price and we haven't even used it but a few times. It is one of the big commercial ones. So I am hoping to have the patio cleared out and enclosed before summer so I can start using it.
I have so many ideas I need to write them all down and want to get started.

I will be able to do just about everything on it from signs, magnetic signs for cars, wrapp cars, to clothing.

Oh yes love it. I have the 1st Cricut-the smaller one. It is plenty big enough for me to use for scrapbooking or card making. it makes 1 to 5 inch things. I do all my letters on the Cricut-it can get expensive buying sticker letters. I make diecut shapes, like animals, camping stuff, etc on it ...

Whenever I need a card I just use the Cricut. I rubber stamp cards some, but would rather use the cricut...

Your patio area sounds like a nice relaxing place to play and create...

Well, aside from training my 10 month old colt and doing school work, I do have some time for hobbies.

I do a lot of photography, which is also for school but I really enjoying doing it outside of class. I do mostly black and white film, but I do some color as well. I actually have to pick up three rolls of color film Friday from being developed. I develop my own film and prints when I do the black and white. I love being in the dark room for hours on end.

I also paint, mostly in oils but occasionally I do acrylics. I'm currently in the process of doing a self portrait in oils for my painting II class on university. Once I pick up a canvas I'm going to be starting on another portrait of sorts. I also enjoy drawing, I'm getting back into graphite drawings, I have a few images that I want to try but I'm always looking for new images of either people or horses.

I recently bought a Wacom Bamboo Fun Drawing Tablet for my laptop and I love it! It's really interesting to go from traditional drawing, to drawing on the computer. You can check out most of my artwork on DeviantART. Ghost Horse Studio Some images you might not be able to see because of "mature content" Nothing bad, but where I'm studying nude figures I had to put it as such. I'm also trying to make myself a more professional website.

I do also enjoy reading and writing, but I've been to busy to do much of them.

~Megan Young

I got the cricut expression as a gift for Christmas. I love it. I used it this past weekend to make my son's birthday party decorations(sesame street). I've also been making cards with it.

I enjoy

-doing stuff at our saddle club

-Raising Toy and Mini Aussies

-Surfing the Net

-Watching reruns of NCIS

-MySpace

-tending to my big chickens......lol...I love my Clucks

- reading

I love to design and create collectible teddy bears. You can see my creations at http://www.lanctotsloveables.com. I use mohair for my larger bears and upholstery fabrics for the miniature bears. I am just finishing up 2 - 2 1/2" bears right now. I love needlefelting as well and there are some of my needlefelted bears on my site as well. I also am on the board as a treasurer for our local SPCA and I designed and maintain the SPCA website. I LOVE to read and sing although I don't have the guts to sing in public but maybe one day. Lots of interesting hobbies on here. Fun thread!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back