What genetic tests would you do?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nancy

Reaction score
Cnv0168.jpg

Cnv0170.jpg

Cnv0174.jpg

Cnv0173.jpg

What genetic tests would you do on this filly not sure of her color and pattern combanations .Thinking about the test for $40.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are talking about doing the new test that was in the other post...they test for everything already for the $40...you don't get to choose which tests are done. It will give you all the color tests results plus the tobiano and frame(LWO)!
default_aktion033.gif

She is very flashy...looks to be either splash or a combo of tobiano and splash.
default_yes.gif

Thanks everyone for the input and a big thanks to freeland for finding the testing lab.don't they have to wait till they have a certain number of tests to do before they will start testing and does anyone have any idea how many tests it takes for them to have enough to run a patch of tests ? I guess if they do color , tobiano ,SB1 and LWO tests I should go with the $40.00 test just in case I decide to let her have a foal some day.

PERSONALLY... I WOULD PASS ON THE TESTING IF I WERE YOU AND JUST SEND HER TO NORTH CAROLINA... AND THEN I'LL WORRY ABOUT IT. IT WILL NOT TROUBLE ME AT ALL...
default_pray.gif
lol, JUST TRYING TO SAVE YOU SOME MONEY!!!
default_wink.png

Thanks everyone for the input and a big thanks to freeland for finding the testing lab.don't they have to wait till they have a certain number of tests to do before they will start testing and does anyone have any idea how many tests it takes for them to have enough to run a patch of tests ? I guess if they do color , tobiano ,SB1 and LWO tests I should go with the $40.00 test just in case I decide to let her have a foal some day.
Nancy, someone on the other thread contacted the lab and they said a batch is 50 tests. On the color forum I visit, they said they were supposed to run a batch this week. I sent my three in on Saturday. Hope they get in this batch, but if not, it sounds like several others are going to send in and maybe it won't be long until they get another batch to run.

Thanks Freeland, I think I will send mine in tomorrow maybe we can get a test going.

She's beautiful!
default_wub.png
Thanks Scoopiedoo glad you liked her we had a look alike full brother to her last year but, we lost him to a corn toxin.so she was kind of a bittersweet birth for us.

PERSONALLY... I WOULD PASS ON THE TESTING IF I WERE YOU AND JUST SEND HER TO NORTH CAROLINA... AND THEN I'LL WORRY ABOUT IT. IT WILL NOT TROUBLE ME AT ALL...
default_pray.gif
lol, JUST TRYING TO SAVE YOU SOME MONEY!!!
default_wink.png
LOL Thanks for help could always use the extra money
default_biggrin.png

I have been trying to teach our farm helper to help clip the horses to give him a break from cleaning stalls etc. He has been doing a really nice job but, doesn't understand a lot about manes ,tails
default_biggrin.png
s,etc so when he was finished with her he was so proud I looked at her head I said Jamie she llooks good but, what happened to her forelock and he replied that he had nicked it a little so thought he should just .....even it up.......LOL

Back