What do you think ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShashwatAcres

Reaction score
about how Gracie is looking, we are on a new feeding program and exercise program as well.

When she came home :

102_3340.jpg

Then Yesterday :

Gracie-1.jpg

NOt the best pictures but would still like to see what you think and if I need to increase anything to take out

She gets 1 scoop of a complete grain and a flake of good grass hay twice a day, and is being worked 15-20 minutes a day

This is my first mini so I just want to do everything right by her
default_wub.png

I think she looks good...how big is the scoop? My FAT mare gets 2 1/2 ounces of complete grain twice a day along with a flake of grass hay. She is SLOWLY-VERY SLOWLY loosing weight. I'm waiting for my grain dealer to get in the pellet vitamin supplement and then she won't be getting any grain at all. She only gets it now so I can have something to mix her vitamins and cinnamon in.

Last edited by a moderator:
That may be too much grain still!!! I can see fat deposits around her legs and hips...I would cut it in half!
default_yes.gif

It looks like you are headed in the right direction.

There's my girl! She's looking good. Did she ever finish shedding off? You could probably cut her grain a little more, slowly.

Latest posts

Back