What Do You Register This Face Marking As ???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanne

Reaction score
This foal was born a few days ago and as I am filling out his online AMHA registration papers I find I cannot figure out how to register his facial markings. He is a bald on one side, but solid on the other.

Does anyone have any suggestions???

pizzazz3.jpg
pizzazz1.jpg

pizzazz2.jpg

Joanne, I list any marked like that as a half bald face. It will go in his record there at AMHA, but his papers will say just 'bay pinto'.

Just seems to me that "hard to describe markings" are a small price to pay for a colt that looks like that!!!

YUP, I would just write half bald face and see attached photos. He is quite striking!!!!
default_wub.png
:wub
default_new_shocked.gif

Thank you.

It seems like over the years AMHA is writing less descriptions on the registration papers than before.

Actually, I wouldn't even consider him to have a half bald face. Where you are saying bald, in my opinion, is not really bald, because it does not go into color further down on the white side...his entire side is white with small colored spots, so not solid color with a bald face. I would actually call it a "split" face. But, since there are photos, the written description shouldn't matter a whole lot anyway. Lovely colt regardless!

What a fancy colored baby! Congratulations!

I agree with Mona. In my experience, a 'half-bald' face would describe a horse that has more of an 'off-center', balding...with one side of the 'bald' in about the midline of the face, so that the 'bald' is off to one side, so to speak-but has all the characteristics of a 'bald' face.

And as said, the pics will act as the proper 'description'.

Margo

Latest posts

Back