What do you get when you cross a donkey to a horse?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamdamster

Reaction score
Well, it finally happened, I have been watching this mare for a month and she foaled this afternoon. She was maiden and dropped it and ran, I had to halter her and bring her to him. She got the idea and started to clean him off, I thought maybe she was going to reject him. She did notice the long ears and bit them a couple times. He jumped up quick and started running around, after a few minutes he got hungry and found those spigots. He is 23" tall out of a 31" jack and a 36" mare. He might have over cooked, I didn't know the breeding dates, he has some hoof on him. We have been calling him the alien baby, we were thinking about John Henry. He will be registered with the Mini Mule and ADMS. Not sure on his color, he does have that nappy donkey hair, happy to see he cross. He hasn't talked for us yet, wonder if he'll sound more like a donkey or a horse.

mule020.jpg

mule023.jpg

photobucket http://photobucket.com/albums/v123/hamdamster/mule/ He will be up for sale when I decided on a price.

What an adorable little guy :aktion033: Congrats!! Just love those ears!

Thank goodness a mothers love is blind
default_smile.png

OMG, he is ADORABLE!!! If he knew me, he would be glad to be your baby and not mine because with that squiggly stripe up his back, I'd call him Squiggy!!! I love him, Congratulations!

[SIZE=18pt]Susan,[/SIZE]

He is a little doll. I came by there yesterday and noticed there still wasn't a baby in the field. Congratulations on a healthy baby boy. :aktion033: :aktion033: We will be by soon to see your new arrival.

Wanalynn & Bill

Aww what a cutie! Love those long ears and big brown eyes, CONGRATS!

Gotta admit, he's precious!

MA

Baby Mule is very cute! you know good or bad I am not sure, but he mule is the symbol for my state, Missouri :lol:

He's a nice looking mule. What color is Daddy?

Sometimes if the mare is a maiden, they will reject a mule foal.... they smell different than a horse. My first mule foal was rejected and we had to really work to get the mare to except him.

He's cute.....but, gotta admit that mom will be taking some "flack" about him from the other mares :bgrin

Oh, he'll sound more like the donkey -- when he decides to sound off! Isn't it odd, they get the ears and bray -- well, it's not gonna be a pretty bray, at first. Gosh, he just needs some hugs!
default_wub.png
:

AW! He's so cute!
default_yes.gif
: I hope he doesn't scare his mom the first time he brays!

Congratulations a cutie, I love the long ears, and the back. I had to go look for the squiggly line

down his back. I love it, I don't think I have ever seen one like that. What a doll. I would have

a hard time selling him.
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
:

Congratulations

Vicky :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Awwwww, what a cutie, ears and all. Congrats!

Latest posts

Back