What do you get when you cross a black stallion

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmmorgans

Reaction score
A Big Surprise!!! Thunders True Copy and BBs Misty Blue are proud to announce the arrival of their beautiful colt - Misty Moon Copys Sunset Surprise. What do you think????

MistyBlueand1dayoldcolt.jpg

Coltisproudinthegrass.jpg
[/img]

MistyBlueandcolttrotting2.jpg
[/img]

MistyBlueandcolt2daysold.jpg
[/img]

I think thats some surprise! Congrats on a handsome little man! :aktion033:

AH that is where Misty is!!!!! I have been wondering where she ended up. Do you have any good full body shots of her? I am sure my uncle would love to see how she turned out(original owner of her)

I remember that little stinker as a foal herself.

Nice foal.....but, Thunders True Copy is a minimal pinto, if it's the same one I'm thinking of........so, pinto is very possible. It's just an example of the fact that even a minimal can throw maximum pattern :bgrin

It's a question many have asked and heeeerrrrreeees the answer :aktion033:

Congratulations.

Nice foal.....but, Thunders True Copy is a minimal pinto, if it's the same one I'm thinking of........so, pinto is very possible. It's just an example of the fact that even a minimal can throw maximum pattern :bgrin

It's a question many have asked and heeeerrrrreeees the answer :aktion033:

Congratulations.
Copy is solid black with 2 white socks and if that is considered a minimal pinto then I guess that is what he is - however he is registered as a solid. I know that he has produced pinto foals before so therefore must carry the pinto gene. However, I have a full sister to this little pinto colt - she is dark gray - with absolutely no white - so I really was not expecting a pinto - and certainly not a loud pinto!!!

So you just never know what to expect with all of the colours that minis come in. Every foal is a surprise in itself!!!

I have one more mare to foal - she is a bay pinto bred to Copy - anyone want to guess what colour the foal will be?????!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Very pretty, and I wouldn't be surprised if you had a gray pinto under there.
default_wink.png
: I had the most gorgeous and very red sorrel pinto colt out of a gray mare a few years ago, who quickly lost every bit of red. Sire in that case was a bay pinto. You have a nice colt, in any color.

Jan

AH that is where Misty is!!!!! I have been wondering where she ended up. Do you have any good full body shots of her? I am sure my uncle would love to see how she turned out(original owner of her)

I remember that little stinker as a foal herself.
I bought Misty Blue last year from Triple K Miniatures - she is a beautiful mare and I am extremely proud to own her. She is a sweetheart to be around as well. She foaled very easily and is a great mom.

I am in Saskatchewan Canada (north of North Dakota) - so Misty Blue is officially a Canadian now.

Nicely marked foal- time will tell if he goes Grey or not, but the pattern would not have surprised me.

It is a little misleading to suggest that a solid Black, which your stallion is not, crossed on a solid Grey, can produce a Pinto foal, which we know it cannot.

Congratulations, though, it is always a bonus when things go right!!
default_yes.gif
:

[SIZE=14pt]The filly that we lost from or Copy son was that color out of a silver dapple pinto mare. I think that Copy is a black carrying red.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Lyn I'm pretty sure Copy has a red gene because I've seen sorrel colts out of him.

I have a Copy daughter that I just ADORE. (She is the black pinto mare not the foal)

derektrotting.JPG

Andrea

Nicely marked foal- time will tell if he goes Grey or not, but the pattern would not have surprised me.

It is a little misleading to suggest that a solid Black, which your stallion is not, crossed on a solid Grey, can produce a Pinto foal, which we know it cannot.

Congratulations, though, it is always a bonus when things go right!!
default_yes.gif
:
I am not trying to mislead anyone - I was just so surprised with the colour of this colt that I wanted to share my surprise and excitement with everyone. Copy is a solid black horse with 2 white socks and Misty Blue is a grey - who when bred to Copy in the past produced a solid grey - absolutely no white - filly.

Even the previous owner of Copy was surprised with the colour of this colt.

No harm intended - just sharing another wonderful foaling experience with other miniature owners.

He's a cutie! Congratulations! :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Very pretty foal. Congratulations.

CONGRATULATIONS! Pretty colt, and yes, I too knew Copy to be a minimally marked pinto. I too have one of those. I have a bay stallion with only short white socks, and he too is a pinto. I had him tested to be sure, and sure enough, he is genetically a pinto.
default_yes.gif
:

Congrats on your lovely and loud foal. I sure wish I has all the lush green grass here!

Latest posts

Back