What could she be?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaiteraMiniatures

Reaction score
Our mare, Daisy, is registered at a palomino pinto. I've always assumed she was tobiano, but after reading some of the posts on here about the different types of pintos I'm wondering if she is tobiano as well as something else. I've also always been skeptical about her being a palomino, because her winter coat is so dark and when her hair grows out after being clipped it is dark too. I know I'd just have to test her for cream to know, but I'd like opinions on that as well
default_smile.png
Thanks!

028-1.jpg

070.jpg

069.jpg

068-2.jpg

2010June4040.jpg

I'm going to guess she's a chestnut with a flaxen mane and tail. I also believe that it's sabino that will give you that roaning. But I'm faaarrrr from a colour expert
default_rolleyes.gif
She's pretty
default_yes.gif

She does look flaxen chestnut w/ sabino roaning to me as well.

Here is my flaxen chestnut mare...She does look about the same shade as your girl, perhaps a bit lighter? And without as much roaning.

finesstop.jpg

F3.jpg

finess3.jpg

What do we win if we guess right? Just a joke! I say red roan + sabino.
default_aktion033.gif

How about an imaginary cookie?
default_laugh.png
Thanks everyone for the responses! All these different pinto patterns could drive a person a little mad lol you just never know what you'll get with these minis!
default_wacko.png

I say chestnut sabino tobiano pinto. She could maybe even be silver bay-hard to tell with those stockings.

Sorrel Tobi + Sabino- any white on the face?

She is not Silver Bay - I can see a self coloured leg, there....

she doesnt look like any palomino i've ever seen, she looks like a sorrel or chestnut.....tobiano maybe?

Latest posts

Back