What Colour Buckskin?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BM Miniatures

Reaction score
Does anyone have any buckskin's that were this colour as a foal?

Do you have photo's of them now(clipped?)

Dad is Chestnut Pintaloosa, Mom is DNA tested Homozygous for black, Carry's Silver and Cream(Silver Buckskin) Oh, and the mom has a dorsal stripe

Can kinda see it here

PA220017.jpg

PA250045.jpg

PA280060.jpg

PA280051.jpg

PA280053.jpg

PA280039.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My adult buckskin goes through a good many colour changes, sometimes he has a lot of dark hairs through his coat, and sometimes he is beautiful honey golden - it all depends on the season
default_smile.png
Unfortunately I dont' have any pics of him as a baby.

Lovely little foal btw :D She might end up sooty buckskin once her real coat comes through
default_smile.png

ETA Mum looks more like smokey silver black than silver buckskin .. did you test her for agouti?

Last edited by a moderator:
He/she is gorgeous!

I have seen before that sometimes appys that color out later are born a richer, darker color. Maybe that is the case with this foal. Going to get appy spots later?

My adult buckskin goes through a good many colour changes, sometimes he has a lot of dark hairs through his coat, and sometimes he is beautiful honey golden - it all depends on the season
default_smile.png
Unfortunately I dont' have any pics of him as a baby.

Lovely little foal btw :D She might end up sooty buckskin once her real coat comes through
default_smile.png

ETA Mum looks more like smokey silver black than silver buckskin .. did you test her for agouti?
These are her results

Red Factor - EE

Agouti - Aa

Cream - nCr

Silver - nZ

LOVE that baby!! Gorgeous deep color, nice proportions and refinement to match. Wouldn't mind seeing the little fellow in my own pasture.
default_wub.png

Leia

These are her results
Red Factor - EE

Agouti - Aa

Cream - nCr

Silver - nZ
Wow!! Well that's a definite silver buckskin then
default_smile.png
Funny how they don't always present an obvious phenotype.

I just came across this thread...I have a boy that color. He isn't a mini, but he was born here and I have pics of him all the way up to now at a year old. Here are a few photos of him over the past year...

About 6 hours after he was born.

scotch1.jpg

A couple of weeks old.

scotch8.jpg

scotch9.jpg

About 7 months old.

scotch40.jpg

About 8 months old.

scotch48.jpg

More in next post...

Wow, Phoebeq, that is one leggy colt! How tall is he? What a cutie!

And BM, that is a really lovely foal. Love her/him...

Latest posts

Back