What Are YOU Doing on the 4th of July???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunny

Reaction score
Everything has finally fallen into place and I can now announce to all the world that I'm getting married! The lucky (??) man's name is Dick Neville, originally from Indiana but now living in London, Ohio. He is a farrier by trade, specializing in Standardbred race horses. We first met just over 31 years ago when I was working in Florida at the harness track in Pompano. We were great friends, but we didn't stay in touch after I came back to Canada three years later. I did visit him another time when on vacation in Florida a couple of years later, but that was it.

Fast forward to August 2007. Amy (Amelia) and I were judging a show near Columbus, and we went over to the fairgrounds the night before to check the distance from the hotel, etc. We got to talking with some race horse owners, and Amelia piped up and told them that I used to work with the Standardbreds. All the usual questions followed about who I worked for, when and where, etc., and then one of them asked if I knew Dick Neville. OMG, yes, we were the best of friends, I told them. Well, he's their blacksmith now and they'll call him on the phone, they said! I didn't even think Dick would remember me after all these years, but he most certainly did! We talked for quite some time, and then made plans to meet after the show the next day. I was so excited!! So we met, and quickly got caught up on the events of our lives over the past 25 years and then he told me..... that he has loved me for 30 years! He never told a soul, least of all me.

Well, since that wonderful day, our friendship has turned into a beautiful, loving relationship and we became engaged last August. We have now set the date for our wedding on the 4th of July, 2009! My daughter Alexis and I are staying here in Ontario until school is done at the end of June, and then we'll be moving down. THIS is why I've had it in my signature for quite some time that I'm "Relocating to Ohio"! And I can hardly wait!!!!!!
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_488.gif
default_488.gif
default_488.gif
:love :love :love
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

CONGRATULATIONS...What a wonderful story...thanks for sharing it.

That's the most wonderful story! Kiss Amy on that mouth that piped up about your past!

I'm SO happy for you Judy!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
default_aktion033.gif

That is SOOOO AWESOME!!!

I got married on the 4th of July 1987!!!! And we are still happy all these years late. It was a fun wedding and I wouldn't have changed it!!!! A BIG congrats!

Everything has finally fallen into place and I can now announce to all the world that I'm getting married! The lucky (??) man's name is Dick Neville, originally from Indiana but now living in London, Ohio. He is a farrier by trade, specializing in Standardbred race horses. We first met just over 31 years ago when I was working in Florida at the harness track in Pompano. We were great friends, but we didn't stay in touch after I came back to Canada three years later. I did visit him another time when on vacation in Florida a couple of years later, but that was it.
Fast forward to August 2007. Amy (Amelia) and I were judging a show near Columbus, and we went over to the fairgrounds the night before to check the distance from the hotel, etc. We got to talking with some race horse owners, and Amelia piped up and told them that I used to work with the Standardbreds. All the usual questions followed about who I worked for, when and where, etc., and then one of them asked if I knew Dick Neville. OMG, yes, we were the best of friends, I told them. Well, he's their blacksmith now and they'll call him on the phone, they said! I didn't even think Dick would remember me after all these years, but he most certainly did! We talked for quite some time, and then made plans to meet after the show the next day. I was so excited!! So we met, and quickly got caught up on the events of our lives over the past 25 years and then he told me..... that he has loved me for 30 years! He never told a soul, least of all me.

Well, since that wonderful day, our friendship has turned into a beautiful, loving relationship and we became engaged last August. We have now set the date for our wedding on the 4th of July, 2009! My daughter Alexis and I are staying here in Ontario until school is done at the end of June, and then we'll be moving down. THIS is why I've had it in my signature for quite some time that I'm "Relocating to Ohio"! And I can hardly wait!!!!!!
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_488.gif
default_488.gif
default_488.gif
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Dear Dear Dear Friend Judy I am so happy for you~!

I can't believe so much has happened but so glad it did.

With you just up in Ohio, I'll be setting off some fireworks for you guys from the mountain on July 4th for sure!!!!!!!!!!

What a special love story, I hope you have the rest of your life with some absolutely wonderful years, Congratulations!

Big Congratulations to you!

My brother and his wife also got married on the 4th of July several years ago.

You have a Great Love Story by the way and sound very happy.

Congrats! Im so happy for you. We looked at a lot of houses in London when we relocated here but just couldnt find what we needed. Its a beautiful area. Cant wait to have you in Ohio full time!

Kay

What a GREAT story Judy
default_wub.png
. Can't wait for you to officially become an Ohio'ian...although with this crazy weather ...
default_laugh.png
, but i've made it threw almost 21 years of crazy ohio seasons
default_smile.png
:)

default_wub.png
How absolutely awesome!!! A love story of epic proportions...to think...all those years he held that torch...and you would just happen to talk to those folks who knew him. I got goose-bumps reading your story.

CONGRATULATIONS HON!
default_wub.png
default_smile.png
default_wub.png

Aw, that is such a special story!!
default_aktion033.gif
Congratulations and all my wishes for many years of happiness to come.
default_wub.png

Leia

[SIZE=14pt]CONGRATULATIONS JUDY[/SIZE]
default_aktion033.gif
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_yes.gif
That is an awesome story, he has loved you for 30 years , WOW. Just awesome.
default_yes.gif
Joyce

My warmest thanks to all of you for your good wishes and congratulations!

Loved your message especially, Marty! I hope this means we'll actually get to meet one day SOON! Love you!!!
default_wub.png

default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_488.gif
default_488.gif
default_488.gif