What Are Some of Your Favorite Horsey things?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in love with all the different kinds of horse blankets and halters
default_drool5.gif
, I think I am starting to become a collector
default_new_rofl.gif

I have tons of brushes too haha and I just tried all that glitter stuff, gels and sprays, those are pretty cool things.
default_new_multi.gif

I personally am a bit-a-holic. I LOVE bits!! Of course bits are for my quarter horses. Another relatively new product I love and am finding very very helpful are the Kensington Slow Feeder hay bags. They work great for stalled horses or in pasture feeders. They look like a horse sized hay bag (come in a larger one too) and they have small hardy netting, that makes horses eat slower (like grazing) and keep waster way down! They also work fantastic for long hauls.

Fine leather tack (especially my custom reining saddle), and horsehair mecate reins. I know, not really about minis; but the mini does have a horsehair leadrope! Oh, and custom yacht rope halters for everyone, even the goats (I had to learn to make them myself when I got goats LOL!)

I have a snaffle collection

I also collect vintage horse training books

I have extensive collection of horse-related fiction

I love to groom! I do it like a madwoman

I love going to shows

I love all of my 'horse' friends

I just love being in my barn.It is a very old peg consturction dairy barn converted for the Minis.Lots of doors to get horses in from different pastures.It is my favorite place on earth to be even when the horses are not inside.

I also love the smell of leather when I walk in a tack shop.I think I get a little bit high when I inhale.

I love mucking stalls and hate cleaning my house.

Having Minis I love the size of the tack-I tell people it is Barbie horse clothes.

Great thread!!!

Ok I confess I find myself with more carts than I will ever use. Everything from show carts to working carts for the minis!!
default_biggrin.png

JEWLERY!
default_wub.png

I still have the pins my parents bought for me when I was a nagging kid.
default_yes.gif

Since then the collection has grown.......I would sure have a lot of bling if I tried to wear it all at once.

Halters! Show and every day ones!

My husband (well, me too) likes to have different carts and vehicles around (not that we can afford many LOL!)

yes, the smell of new leather

horse fiction-especially older youth ones (the Silver Birch/Connie McGuire stories, Pony Duet, the Ponies Next Door, C.W. Anderson's stories, and MORE!!!)

Old photos of ponies like Curtis Frisco Pete, etc.

Photos (especially headstudies) of Arabians (I think they are timeless)
default_drool5.gif

and on and on and on...........
default_impatient.jpg

Miniature EVERYTHING!!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

But it has to be perfectly miniature. Miniature German Silver bean bits, miniature raised leather English bridles, perfect miniature bellboots and sport boots and blankets...it drives me insane when I can't find something I want correctly made for the miniatures! I was like that with the model horses too, making tack for the Winner's Choice micro mini line of models that were about the size of your thumbnail. Everything had to be exactly like it would have on a bigger model- perfectly to scale.
default_rolleyes.gif
I won a lot of national titles with those things against much larger models.

When Breanna and I were in England last summer I almost went crazy- one vendor we visited at home had PERFECTLY scaled down splint boots, dressage saddle pads, lunging surcingles and lunging cavessons. They were awesome! If I could have figured out how to get it all home I would have stuffed half the store in my suitcase.
default_laugh.png

I love replicating full-sized horse turnouts with the minis. If I ever win the lottery, watch out- there will be a sleigh, tandem gig, beautiful pair carriage...
default_drool5.gif
And the harness to match, of course!

With full-sized horses my favorite things were always that smell of quality leather, honest horse sweat, and the sound of them munching feed.

Leia

These are some of my favorite horsey things:

• Our gooseneck aluminum Wrangler mini horse trailer
  • Lutke show harness
  • Deep plum colored Houghton show cart
  • Victor show halters
  • Oster brush kits
  • Double K Clippers
  • Frost free water hydrants
  • Low starch feed
  • Professional photos of Destiny

My horsey friends! I could talk horse day and night! When I was agroom it was bliss bc my whole world revolved around horses and their well being
laugh.gif

Hmm, it's so hard to choose!

-Buckets, I feed grain in the round 8 qt buckets and I started to give each horse their own color. I love a new bucket! The flatback bigger ones for water, the heated ones for winter...

-Supplements, even though I don't feed that many, I'm always drawn to that aisle, I just like to look and see what's new.

-Manna Pro Bite Sized Nuggets Peppermint flavor, my horses think they are the best thing ever and I agree! They love to hear "Cookie" which is what I call them.

-Mucking stalls, it keeps me sane after a day at work, or just a busy day, there is something theraputic about it and the satisfaction of a clean stall of golden straw! So in conjuction with this I love a good much fork!

I'm sure there are more, but that's what popped into my head.

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels

Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles...

Ditto the smell of leather tack

Assorted horse show supplies -- just the smell reminds me of past shows...pardon me while I inhale the scent of my grooming supply tub

The feel of the lead rope in my hands

The smell of hay

Everything about barns -- makes me wish we had a real one...

Tack and feed stores -- even if I'm not buying, I love to look...

The comforting tick, tick, tick of the fence charger, telling me my babies are secure.

That delicious horsey smell...

Last edited by a moderator:
Pepi - I love the smell of Pepi in the mornings at horse shows!

Latest posts

Back