What are LGDs good for?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dona

Reaction score
Our Livestock Guardian Dog "Panda" who is a Great Pyrenees, is the absolute BEST guardian dog we have ever had.
yes.gif
Most of you have seen numerous photos of him out in the midst of our Minis...guarding his herd.
yes.gif
But, he not only superbly guards our Miniatures....and cats....but adores our grandaughter Anna as well. Anna was just a toddler when we got Panda & he & Anna have grown up together. I remember when Panda was just a puppy & Anna was just toddling around the yard....she couldn't get anywhere because Panda would stand sideways right in front of her to block her from going where she shouldn't go! Then she'd take her little fists & pound them into Panda's face, hollering "Panna move...Panna move!" Panda would just stand there with a smile on his face, wagging his tail. He is never happier than when he is with Anna.
wub.gif

Whoever said a LGD who bonds with people won't make a good livestock guardian!
rolleyes.gif

f250a795.jpg

f250a847.jpg

f250a67a.jpg

f250a5ea.jpg

Dona,

Anna is really growing up! What a lovely little girl!!

Panda is so sweet and you can see that he just adores Anna.

Neat Pictures!!

Thanks for sharing!!

Those are wonderful pics!

Just wanted to add that I have 2 Pyrs and I'm still after 5 years trying to figure out what they're good for!
wacko.gif

I just love the 3rd one! I sometimes wonder about getting one of these.

Latest posts

Back