We've been busy!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trinity_Acres

Reaction score
As some of you know we visit nursing homes with our petting farm. Since winter is here we don't set up outside, we bring them indoors. In December we took our potbelly pig, Lucielle. She was dressed as Santa Pig. The residents loved her and of course she loved all the treats.

larry-lucielle.jpg

Last week we took CJ our llama. The ladies just love him. Unfortunately, he slipped on the tile floor in one of the rooms and that ended our day. He got very scared and simply wouldn't move. It took us quite a while once we got him on the carpet, to get him settled down. He didn't get out of hand at all. He just froze. Because he lost his footing the poor guy was just trembling and didn't want to take another step. It took a lot of patience and we finally got him loaded into the trailer. I felt so bad for him, bad for the residents who were looking forward to his visit again. He's always done a wonderful job and we've never had a problem before. We've been doing this for quite some time so I hope that he will be able to get over his fear. For now, we've retired him and will see what the spring brings.
cj_ladies.jpg

My mini mare, Fiona goes back next month. She loves visiting. Last time she went we dressed her as a princess and the residents adored her. She was so cute if I have to say so myself. The guy in the ball cap in the 2nd picture was an old cattle farmer. He asked me, "What the he** do you do with that thing. It looks pretty useless to me."
default_wink.png
: Ya gotta love the old guy. He was so funny. We really enjoy seeing the smiles on these dear saints faces. It's such a wonderful blessing to be able to be a part of making them smile. WE LOVE IT
default_yes.gif
:
larry-fiona.jpg
fiona-frank.jpg

Thanks for letting me share my passion!!

Those pictures are priceless! I just adore the elderly, you should be very proud of what you are doing for them..........that little smile you put on their face can take them a long way, and I know it makes them feel so good inside!

You are a sunny spot on the rainy grey day!! and I mean ME as well as all the other "mature" folks
default_wub.png
:

[SIZE=14pt]thank you sooo much for posting these adorable pictures. THIS is why i enjoy LB
default_yes.gif
: . Nikki
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]These pictures are wonderful! What a wonderful ministry to these older people. The ballcap man is funny. My friends sometimes ask me the same thing even now when they come over. "What do you do with your minis?" I just smile and tell them that I feed 'em and love 'em! LOL. Thanks for sharing! Shannon
default_smile.png
[/SIZE]

Awww poor CJ!!!!
default_sad.png
I hope he comes around for you in the spring...must'e been so scared poor baby! I love these pics....and your little pig is adorable!!! Thanks for letting us share the good times you have with the seniors and your critters.

Back