We're Almost Ready!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4/25/11 Night #2:

Her belly seems to have dropped.

021.JPG

043.JPG

Bag is still big.

014.JPG

Milk is sticky, but yellow. I can get a lot out.

031.JPG

Vulva is relaxed and is a darkish pink inside. Kinda like the color inside your own lips. (MOUTH!) Not too pink but darker than it has been.

042.JPG

Oh, I forgot to add that she's been gassy?

The baby keeps kicking and usually when it kicks she passes gas.

Is that normal?
unsure.gif

Nothing yet. She's 330 days.

This morning:

001-1.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

This Afternoon (4 pm):

009-1.jpg

010.jpg

008-1.jpg

Sorry about the stall. She was in all day, and she dirtied it up. I clean it every night.

Her vulva was a darkish pink. She's still gassy.....

Her teats have been waxing pretty easy since yesterday. Milk was tasteless this morning.

I'm hoping that Bow will foal on the 28th. That's the 4th birthday of her 2007 Smokey Black Appaloosa colt, Buckshot. I'm hoping that the baby will look like him. He was such a good looking boy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow she really has dropped! Thanks for keeping us updated-it's neat seeing how she progresses.

You're welcome. lol.

I'm just hoping she'll go soon!
rolleyes.gif

Ugh! Let's hope so!

I'm going out now to check on her. If anything comes up I'll update!

Still the same.

I don't know what to think.

1) Belly has dropped

2) Been waxing for two days.

3) Vulva is relaxed

4) Bag is full

5) Milk is thick/yellow

6) Been rubbing butt (pulled her tail wrap off)

7) GRUMPY! (Let her out with the herd tonight and her ears were back the ENTIRE time!
rolleyes.gif
)

8) Gassy (I don't know if that means anything, but boy is she gassy! Yes, she is eating/pooping/peeing)

9) Poop has been messier than usual.'

10) Inside of vulva is a darkish pink.

Anybody want to loan me a needle so I can pop her?

Well it's morning here in the UK, but the middle of the night where you are, so I am hoping Bow might be presenting you with a new baby?

I have noticed that a lot of folks in the US plait the ends of their mares tails, but yesterday I noticed on one of the cams I have been following, something that would not have occurred to me. Mare had foaled a few hours before and the new baby, still a bit shaky was standing behind mum - getting whacked in the face/head by the plaited end of the mare's tail as she was swishing it about. WOW I bet that hurt! The foal hadn't the sense to move and in the end got knocked over! The plaited end of a tail can be quite a heavey 'weapon' to us, let alone a small foal, so can I suggest that as soon as Bow foals, you unplait her tail.

Keeping my fingers cross for you and Bow - hoping we shall hear some good news soon!

Anna

I personally agree with Anna, I bandage tails to stop them being sucked in during birth but the rest is left alone as it can and will hurt the foal if the flies are around.

I hope Bow blessed you with a new healthy baby last night, if not today you are a day closer.

Best wishes

renee

Thanks guys. No baby yet though.

I do take the tails down after they foal. No reason really for them up or braided.

Her bag has grown. Still waxing, No change in milk. Or vulva.

005.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
When you say waxing, do you mean the tiny 'waxy' crusts that seem to appear at the teat opening? If so this is not the actual waxing that usually happens very close to foaling (I say usually, as we all know mini mares often do things that are not 'usual' LOL!) The true waxing in a mare cannot be missed, it looks like the stream of wax that you find down the side of a candle and hangs down at about an inch in length. Quite often you will not see it at all as it breaks off really easily, but once seen it is often/usually (LOL!) a sign that the mare will foal shortly/that night/within 24 hours.

Just not sure if what you are seeing is this 'proper' wax, as you have said several times "still waxing"?

Was so hoping to hear news of a foal today - good luck once again for tonight!

Anna

Just a side note waxing doesnt mean it will go that quick. I have had mares hold wax for 2-3 days before they decided to get down and busy.

Well, I tested her milk. I was only able to get 0.5 ML. So, we cut down the distilled to 3 ML. It was 6 ML. Is that okay?

I got about a 7.8?

217094_104604726292745_100002296543466_41990_1104777_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back