WE'RE ALL DONE! IT'S OVER

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maxine - my eyes perked up when I read HORSESHOE COVE. We used to live right down the street from there, right off Morgan Johnson Road on 32nd Avenue East in the Braden Oaks subdivision. (I'm also from Owosso, Michigan, but grew up in Bradenton)

I know just where you and your husband can spend some time with horses and a 70-something gentleman not too far from your place. His name is Carroll Barnhill and he raises Thoroughbred race horses and also is known as the "Cracker Poemer". He's about a mile away from you, back in Braden River Ranchettes. He's a "good ole boy" and one of our favorite people - we miss him dearly. I can guarantee you'll have a wonderful time visiting with him.

Hang in there - your decision was tough, but the best for you both. I admire your strength!

Tam

Awww Maxine....my best wishes to you and Carl on your new adventure in life. Always remember altho you may not have horses, there are always people out there wanting to share theirs with good people like you! My sister's in-laws are snowbirds from Maine to Florida and love it as I'm sure you and Carl will find new and exciting adventures. If you are ever on the east coast (NJ to be exact) and wish to get your miniature horse fix....please stop by and fuss over our boys! They love the attention.....and Hershee drives!
default_wink.png
Take care of yourselves...I'm glad you won't be leaving the forum.

Maxine - my eyes perked up when I read HORSESHOE COVE. We used to live right down the street from there, right off Morgan Johnson Road on 32nd Avenue East in the Braden Oaks subdivision. (I'm also from Owosso, Michigan, but grew up in Bradenton)

I know just where you and your husband can spend some time with horses and a 70-something gentleman not too far from your place. His name is Carroll Barnhill and he raises Thoroughbred race horses and also is known as the "Cracker Poemer". He's about a mile away from you, back in Braden River Ranchettes. He's a "good ole boy" and one of our favorite people - we miss him dearly. I can guarantee you'll have a wonderful time visiting with him.

Hang in there - your decision was tough, but the best for you both. I admire your strength!

Tam
bELIEVE IT OR NOT i'VE HEARD OF HIM! My aunt lives in the Cove and has spoken his name, and I know it was when we drove past there as we go down that rd to go to rt 64 all the time..maybe i'll look him up:)

Do you think I should just cal him then? My sister works for the county,so probably got it from her once..anyway we're starting to get excited now and it's a nightmare logistically but once it's all done I know we'll be OK with it. thanks for taking the trouble to post. Maxine

Awww Maxine....my best wishes to you and Carl on your new adventure in life. Always remember altho you may not have horses, there are always people out there wanting to share theirs with good people like you! My sister's in-laws are snowbirds from Maine to Florida and love it as I'm sure you and Carl will find new and exciting adventures. If you are ever on the east coast (NJ to be exact) and wish to get your miniature horse fix....please stop by and fuss over our boys! They love the attention.....and Hershee drives!
default_wink.png
Take care of yourselves...I'm glad you won't be leaving the forum.
Thanks to you and to Hershey
default_biggrin.png
Appreciate the offer. Maxine

Oh how sad for you and sorry you have to make this deciion, but you are obviously thinking of the best for the horses, and for yourselves.

I have a thought... perhaps someone in FL has a farm or some place where you could winter in your home on wheels that has horses so you can still be around them, etc...??

Maxine, So sorry you have to part with Shammy and Shadow, I know you and Carl love them dearly and that is why you are making the decision to let them go to a new home. Make sure you keep posting, I have always enjoyed your posts about your horses and about your family. If you are ever in Ontario make sure you look us up, we have 7 noses to kiss in the paddocks and 2 of them drive
default_smile.png

Best wishes in your new adventure and may the Good Lord keep you healthy and happy for many years yet.

Yvonne

Good luck to you on the new phase of your life. When you are a horse person, no matter if you physically own one or not, in your heart you are always a horse person! My girlfriend, who is 67 just went through this too. Her husband is 70 and was getting tired of all the work and was having some health issues. She sold all her horses and was not too happy. They went to Florida for the winter and she seemed lost. This year is her second winter in Florida and she couldn't be happier. They are having a ball and are really enjoying this new found freedom.

Best wishes for you and your husband!!!!

It sounds like you are going to have a wonderful retirement!
default_yes.gif
You can travel the continent and visit with Minis whenever you like without all the labor that goes with them and you can be happy knowing the little ones you love are in good homes with good care. I will add my farm to the list of places to visit and there is always a horse or two to take for a drive! Good luck and best wishes to you and Carl.

Maxine, I'm sorry you will be parting with your babies, but it sounds like you will get to be a horse grandma--all the fun of the horses without all the work! What a small world. My husband is from Bradenton and we have family there. Being from Michigan myself I don't miss the cold winters, and up where you are is very cold. I still visit every year but usually in the summer or fall.

Add sunny Southern California to your list of places you and Carl are welcome to come. We'd love to meet you!
default_saludando.gif
You'd also enjoy Quicksilver ranch up in Solvang. They're a miniature horse breeding farm and they welcome visitors.

Enjoy this next chapter of your life.
default_smile.png

Rebecca

Maxine - Carroll has drop-in visitors all the time. The road that Horse Shoe Cove is on is Caruso Road a/k/a 60th St. E. When you are heading toward State Road 64, you go north on Caruso and stop at a stop sign then go left to head to 64 and after S curve, the road becomes Morgan Johnson a/k/a 57th St. E. To go to Barnhill's, you go right at the stop sign (that is 44th Ave. E.). Follow 44th around a left curve to the first road on the right, which is 41st Ave. E. His place is the first one on the left - 6813 41st Ave. E.

His phone is 941-750-0423 - J. Carroll Barnhill in the phone book.

You'll have a great visit with him - he's quite the character!

Keep Smiling!

Tam

Latest posts

Back