Went looking for Twister and look what we ended up with

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniforFaith

Reaction score
default_saludando.gif
Hi everyone, just had to share what we came home with tonight. We were driving around looking for Twister( In my husbands lifted Superduty, which is his baby, but I took it out anyways) And a guy yelled out to us, Are you looking for a cat?? I said yes and all of our hearts fell into our stomach hoping it was Twister.. He told us this little lady showed up at his house and he has to many cats already..(I am almost positive it's is a girl
default_wacko.png
) This little kitten went right to Faith and then Faith looks at me with those big blue eyes and asked if we can have her. The guy said just to take her.. So we now have a kitty again, and hubby is at work and still does not know.
default_rolleyes.gif
(After Twister disappeared, he said no more cats) Enough rambling here is Faith's new kitty: Any suggetsions on cute, good names??(Faith is calling her Zoey now, not sure if we will keep it that.)

IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0725.jpg

IMG_0728.jpg

Isn't she pretty??
default_wub.png

Oh, have to add, she does not like any other type of animals.. She went after the dogs and also did no back down from the mini's, my Lucy got a scratch on her nose from the kitty. She growls at the mini's, dogs and bunnies like she is a dog. Then the hiss and look out.. But she has gotten better with them, now that she sees they aren't hurting her. She thinks she is the size of a lion..

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks like a nicely marked calico, so she's definitely a girl. [To my knowledge all calicos are girls.]

Zoey is a cute name. If you don't keep that, how about Callie?

Yep, calicos are almost always girls, and I'm pretty sure I've read that if they are males they are sterile. Your new little kitty is cute but she looks old enough to have her own litter already so be careful!
default_smile.png

Yep, calicos are almost always girls, and I'm pretty sure I've read that if they are males they are sterile. Your new little kitty is cute but she looks old enough to have her own litter already so be careful!
default_smile.png
I am calling tomorrow to make the appt. so she doesn't get the chance to be a moma..
default_yes.gif
SHe follows me everywhere, and when I won't be around or at night, like now she is in her own little crate.. Twister and Garfield where crate trained.. So far, she isn't to crazy about it, but she will get use to it in time..

Jodie,

I dont want to scare you but I would say by that 3rd pic the size of her belly she may be bringing you some little suprizes in a couple weeks ...You might have to let her be a momma and then have her fixed..I am glad faith has a new companion...

Jodie,

She's beautiful. Yes Calico's are female and if they are a male they are worth money and you don't want to fix them. One of our dogs is names Zoe. I like Zoey. If it's Faith's kitty it should hsve the name she chose. Good luck, I hope hubby isn't too mad. Mine said no more dogs, but I got Dixie for Xmas. So they don't always mean what they say. My dad said that everytime we lost an animal. We never listened and he was the one babying them.

Christy

Jodie,

I dont want to scare you but I would say by that 3rd pic the size of her belly she may be bringing you some little suprizes in a couple weeks ...You might have to let her be a momma and then have her fixed..I am glad faith has a new companion...

I sort of had the same thought but then just wondered if it was just the way the photo looked on her black splotch. . . guess we'll see!

Jodie,

She's beautiful. Yes Calico's are female and if they are a male they are worth money and you don't want to fix them. One of our dogs is names Zoe. I like Zoey. If it's Faith's kitty it should hsve the name she chose. Good luck, I hope hubby isn't too mad. Mine said no more dogs, but I got Dixie for Xmas. So they don't always mean what they say. My dad said that everytime we lost an animal. We never listened and he was the one babying them.

Christy

Calico males are probably not really worth any money, unless you can actually find someone to pay money for them!
default_smile.png
More than likely they will be sterile. I would nueter a calico male for sure, for all of the same reasons that I would nueter any male cat. If what you are trying to produce is more calicos, well, there isn't really a need for that as calicos are pretty plentiful.

http://www.best-cat-art.com/calico-cats.html

Male calicos are sterile and can not reproduce. Therefore, are worth ZIP.
default_no.gif
I've known more than one person who's been taken by that scam! Oh, of the thousands of cats I've dealt with, I've only seen 2 male calicos.

default_saludando.gif
Hi everyone, Little Zoey is doing good.. I pray that she isn't preg. already.. I was just hoping she has a wormy tummy and she did just eat a whole bunch before that pic.. I really don't know much cats at all. Thanks to everyone, I know she is a Calico
default_yes.gif
She is very vocal. All she does is meow, and do a cry meow. She is just a love bug.. Hubby wasn't to upset, just mostly upset that I had a cat in "HIS SUPERDUTY". But he did call me this am and tell me we have to find a way to get her to shut up..
default_wacko.png
Only time she isn't yelling is if you hold her, and I can't do that all day.. Feeding time this am for the mini's was interesting. Zoey was eating out of their bowls and the mini's let her
default_new_shocked.gif
I can't believe how much she thinks she so tuff..But it is working, everyone is affraid of her.. She is certainly different than Twister was..

Latest posts

Back