WEIGHT WATCHERS

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Wolf Ranch

Reaction score
I have never been a "stick person" but not "fat" either - just nicely muscled I guess you could say! Anyways, I had gotten depressed my junior year in high school and weighed 135 lbs. and through weight watchers I went down to 115 lbs. losing 20 lbs over the summer!! I have sinced gained my "freshman 15 lbs" along with some more (thanks to that Carnival cruise and they're terrific food!) and now weigh approx. 145 lbs. Needless to say I am not happy. I fit in my 7/8 jeans and so it's not horrible - I'm 5' 5" exactly so I am pretty proportioned I would just like to get back down to that 115 lbs and size 1/2 jeans I was in! To do this. . .I am going to have to lose 30 lbs. . . so here we go!

CURRENT WEIGHT AS OF 1/19/11: 145 LBS

AMOUNT TO LOSE: 30 LBS

GOAL WEIGHT: 115 LBS.

GOAL DATE: September 1st 2011

TIME TO LOSE IT: 7.5 Months

HOW MUCH TO LOSE PER MONTH: 4 LBS.

HOW MUCH TO LOSE PER WEEK: 1 LB.

I feel like this is a very feasible thing to do and I would like to know if anyone of you guys are trying to lose weight and if you have any "secrets" or tips!

There are MANY of us still working on weight loss. Go to the "pinned" topics at the top of this forum to get into that thread. It has been an ongoing/live thread since March of last year. Come join us there!
default_aktion033.gif
Good Luck with your weight loss!

Yes, as Mona said, still lots of us trying to loose weight.

Last year lost 20 lbs. now this year want to loose another 20 lbs.

down to 17 lbs to go.. Good Luck and come join..us...

The WW program has changed. I havent been real on board with a diet lately for some personal issues I need to get over. I did do it for a week and gained, instead of lost. A few years ago I lost 60 on it but gained most of it back.

That said, if you are going to go to WW the weight you want to be, they more then likely wont go with as its not a healthy weight for your height. Good luck.

I am an old single lady so not really trying to lose weight I kinda feel I have earned the right to not worry about that anymore LOL But that said I do have a couple serious illnesses and am trying to be more healthy. I work out now at least 5 days a week and it has really helped me get more fit and feel better about myself. I try to not weigh myself cause it is easy to get into the darn lost nothing I might as well eat mode for me so while not really trying (and surely could lose some weight) I am trying to retrain my brain when it comes to food

I weigh 130 lbs and I am 5' 9" and at my healthiest so I have to disagree with ashley and say 115 would not be an unhealthy weight for a 5' 5" person-depending on the person that is. If that's when you feel healthiest and happiest, go for it
default_smile.png

I did check the weight watchers chart and it says 120 for the lowest, so I apologize ashley. I did find different charts with different scales that do include 115 in the healthy weight range for a 5' 5" woman though. It really depends on the individual-as long as you're not below the recommended bmi and you look and most importantly feel healthy, it's fine.

I did check the weight watchers chart and it says 120 for the lowest, so I apologize ashley. I did find different charts with different scales that do include 115 in the healthy weight range for a 5' 5" woman though. It really depends on the individual-as long as you're not below the recommended bmi and you look and most importantly feel healthy, it's fine.
Not to hijack this thread so I am sorry but...

This is a sore subject for me. Raven is not feeling well and her doctor is sure it is cause she has an eating disorder. She is 5'5 and 103 lbs and is very healthy looking. She just is a lucky one who has a great metabolisim and a slight build- so frustrating to tell him no she has been throwing up for about a month now and she is NOT sticking her finger down her throat nor is she obsessed with her weight she is at a healthy weight for her build those charts do not always take that into consideration. Yet he doesnt want to look for any reasons cause he thinks she is bulemic

Heck I had a friend who weight about 165-170 and was about 5'3 maybe 5'4 and she was not fat in any way at all. Just a solid muscle build but those charts said she was overweight

I am not sure what to go by to ensure your healthy weight other then maybe the way you feel?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to hijack this thread so I am sorry but...

This is a sore subject for me. Raven is not feeling well and her doctor is sure it is cause she has an eating disorder. She is 5'5 and 103 lbs and is very healthy looking. She just is a lucky one who has a great metabolisim and a slight build- so frustrating to tell him no she has been throwing up for about a month now and she is NOT sticking her finger down her throat nor is she obsessed with her weight she is at a healthy weight for her build those charts do not always take that into consideration. Yet he doesnt want to look for any reasons cause he thinks she is bulemic

Heck I had a friend who weight about 165-170 and was about 5'3 maybe 5'4 and she was not fat in any way at all. Just a solid muscle build but those charts said she was overweight

I am not sure what to go by to ensure your healthy weight other then maybe the way you feel?
I have to agree. According to the last doctor's chart I saw, at nearly 5'11", I would be almost sickly looking at the weight it suggests for my height. [Granted I could stand to lose a little weight, not near as much as those charts say.]

I didnt say anything in regards to weather it was under weight or not.

I was saying that WW would consider it underweight. If it falls under weight at their charts their not going to help a person lose it.

I know at 150 I look great, but for my height 5'3 it is considered overweight. I am not anywhere near that at this point but when I was I felt great(even though I thought I was fat, that is until I gained 70 more pounds). That said, any less then 150 I looked sickly.

My step son is 5'4 and 120, he looks sickly but thinks hes fat so dont eat worth a crap. Yet just about every bone in his body sticks out.

Hey again. . .

115 for me is the weight that looks best on me. I'm not the "anorexic" kind of person - I LOVE my food too much and that's the problem LOL. I did have to put in WW that my lowest goal weight was 120 but only because I had to. I am a muscular body type - by no means did I look like a "stick person" even when I was 115. It's a nice size for my build and it's perfectly fitting for me. 

Pictures speak a thousand words and even looking back at pictures right now, you wouldn't even think I was dieting back then!

Latest posts

Back