Weight of adult miniature

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kellie in OR

Reaction score
default_no.gif
....but I don't, other than a guess.

I know there will be no one answer, nor am I expecting anything perfectly accurate, just a maximum estimate. Not only should I know this for worming purposes & feeding, but now a new issue.

I just bought a new trailer, a really nice aluminum 2 horse. They put in low ties and a rubber mat off the divider so my mini's can't swing under my big horse. Problem is it is higher off the ground than my old trailer and my little 30 inch boy has a hard time jumping in. He's not much of a jumper anyway, but this is so tall he gets stuck on the flanks. For now I am using a solid top pallet to help him, but I am taking the trailer back to the factory this week for a couple more add on's. I am asking them if they can design me a ramp that will be strong enough to hold a mini, but light enough for me to put in the back of my pickup.

My boys are 30 and 33 inches, and both are uh....healthy. I am sure someone has actually had horse of this size on a scale and can give me a number so I can give the makers a high average for building purposes.

I'm sure this has been asked, but I can't get the search feature to work tonight.

Thanks in advance for any info!

We have a platform scale here and the largest pregnant mare 34 inches has weighed just over 300. I would think if the ramp could hold 300-350 pounds you would cover all possibilities.

Thanks, you guys are great! I was going to guess max at 300 pounds. My bigger guy can actually leap in like a mountain goat. It is just little Billy that has trouble.

I dont know how to convert to lbs, but last year my 31.5" stallion weighed 84kg at the vet. (altho he is a little tubby now so probably closer to 100 at the moment LOL)

I don't have the link handy, but the mini info pages on the LB main site has a chart and a formula for calculating weight (I got a used scale last fall, and found the formula to be pretty close).

We built a ramp for our 3H Slant GN. Just put hinges on the floor, used 3/4" plywood, covered it with some 1/2" foam rubber I found at Home Depot, and then put some 1 x 2's spaced around 8" apart for for slippage. Mine all go up it great and it doesn't bend or sag at all. I just lift it up after the last one is loaded and lock it it, and then shut the door.

Latest posts

Back