WeeFoal 38

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ellen

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has tried the WeeFoal 38 Tests yet? I used the WeeFoal 120 in the past from Kay and they worked great. But wondered how the new tests work.

I too had been using the Wee Foal 120 and just used the 38 for the first time a few weeks ago. For this one you DO NOT dilute the urine, but you still only need a few drops. I just caught the mare peeing on our infamous "pee spot", grabbed a paper towel out of my pocket to soak some up, immediately squeezed it into a paper cup kept handy just for this purpose, and then filtered the urine through another paper towel to remove any debris. Took less than ten minutes to run the test once everything was at room temp and we had a positive!!!

I used the WeeFoal 38 test last fall on a little mare. She tested positive and I tested her again with the 120 test after she was past 120 days and it, too, read positive. She produced a foal in May.

You can get a false positive with the 38 test, so it's a good idea to test again with the 120 test later. Both tests are easy to use and accurate as long as you follow the instructions exactly.

Thank you very much. I am excited for results. At several places they are on special now.

Thank you,

Ellen

I found the weefoal38 is even easier to read the results than the 120. There was a very clear second line that was not fuzzy or questionable and you dont have to dilute the pee. Mine was also a positive result. I'll be using them again for sure. Where are you seeing them on sale?

amanda

Miniature Horse Shop. 3 for $95. Reasonable I thought.

Now Russ says mares tested with both lines faint pink. Positive? Or will they be dark?

Tested my mare at day 50 just to be sure to give her enough time and the two lines were very clear and both about the same intensity, the second one maybe a tad lighter but very obviously there.

Yup that's a decent price.

amanda

Ok, that is what we have. Sounds like they are bred!
aktion033.gif

Well then, congratulations are in order. I've only got one bred so far this year as i have two late babies not yet born. NOt sure if I'll rebreed those mares or not.

Well, Theis year, I am in the same boat. Most mares are due end of april/may/june. So I think my June mares will take a year off. I hate those years.

Latest posts

Back