Website Domain Names

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Owning your own domain name is fun. I don't breed or sell anything and am terrible about blogging now that I'm a "two child household"
default_rolleyes.gif
so I let the personal domain names I had expire and only kept the one you guys helped me pick out a few years ago for my CDE website. I'm still proud of that one and plan to complete some long-overdue updates this fall on my brand spankin' new desktop computer (yay for something with enough memory to actually function!
default_laugh.png
) but I can't see snapping up nifty names that have nothing to do with my own farm or interests. First of all, it means I'm stealing the fun from somebody else for whom that might actually be their farm name. Secondly, I don't see the point of it except to possibly make money when someone wants to buy the rights from you. What a headache!
default_wacko.png

But I guess if it gives you a thrill, go for it!
default_biggrin.png

Leia

I like having my own domain, I think the simple name.com is easier to remember and looks more proffessional.

Mine costs me about $10 a year so it's not like it hits my wallet hard or anything.

Yep, that's how is see it, too
default_smile.png
. The ones I've been able to get do connect with what we have and the most recent one in particular was many years "overdue" to actually be put to any use. A good name that no one ever had a site created or in place for... Until now
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back