We took one of our minis trick or treating again this year!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlacierRidge

Reaction score
I will include a link to see pics of his "costume". Last year we took one of our minis, Magic, and his cart trick or treating with my son. Was so much fun! My son (who's not so into the animals) got to run from house to house, and I got to sit in the cart and have a ton of fun myself! We had lights, reflectors and glowsticks on the cart and Magic himself, and a dustpan and poop bag, which we didn't need! He's never gone while driving....good boy! He was wonderful, and sported little devil horns, and the kids loved him. Magic soaked it all up!

He has not had a whole lot of time between the shafts recently, so I hadn't considered taking him. But the night before Halloween, I was feeling bad....remembering how much fun we had, how much the kids loved seeing a horse, and how much Magic enjoyed it himself. So, I decided to dress him up in a devil costume and just walk him instead. We had to trailer him to the area, it's not far, only a mile, but I wouldn't want to be walking that mile on the highway in the dark on teh way home! So.... Magic had his time in the spotlight again, and I got to enjoy the priceless looks from people trying to figure out if he was, indeed, a real horse. People came out with cameras to take their picture with him, kids oogled over him, and Magic was again in the spotlight, and loved every minute of it! He's meant for putting smiles on peoples' faces.... we have another mini and three mini donkeys, but the others just aren't ready for something like this...except for one of the donkeys, who has a foal at her side. Next year, I'm thinking of dressing up as Shrek, adn taking a donkey with me! How funny would that be?

Anyway, I learned from last year, you can't just do this, you have to talk with the local police dept first to find out if this is ok, and what is involved. For me, I needed to have my animals insured for liability, (which I did anyway), I had to have an extra adult along for safety (If I was driving him), and I had to bring something along to clean up any messes. And I had to be sure I was bringing a completely safe animal, keep him off the sidewalk and yards.... this was a very quiet residental area, no traffic, except the occasional person coming home from work. No thru traffic. That would have been a no no. That may have caused an issue....distraction for drivers. So with the cart last year, we were out longer and no messes, but while leading him, and out a shorter time, I had two piles to clean up along the way.

It was a total blast.....I have to admit, I have had more fun with my minis than my big horses..... I'm totally addicted!

We've had Magic for 5 years....bought him for a pet, and I had hoped one day to take him to nursing homes, like I used to with my Arabian mare. But I also have a kid now, and just haven't had the time....but if I ever do, experiences like this are great ones!

Anyway... if you're interested, here is a link to pics....the few driving pics are from last year, the rest are from this year. He had glow bracelets on his front legs (for safety and visability of course!) and he also had a barrette in his tail with strings of red lights in it (like fiber optic lights, it was really cool!).

http://picasaweb.google.com/mygrullabluefo...key=vb54H9wlW_8

Angie

OMG that is the cutest thing ever!
default_wub.png

We tugged my son around in a wagon this year! But, I should've been using my head!! I can take him around in the cart next year!
default_laugh.png

Looks like a great time was had by all!! Maggie would of loved to be able to do that.
default_laugh.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back