We really need foster homes!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

kaykay

Im asking again
default_smile.png
We are in a big need of foster homes across the united states. Especially in the midwest, arizona, california.

Foster homes pay for all normal and customary care such as deworming, hay, trimming. Any veternarian bills or extreme farrier bills are paid for by CMHR. Foster homes always get first chance to adopt fostered horses for no adoption fee.

We never know once a foster home signs up how long it will be before they see a horse. Could be months could be days. So please know that even if you dont get a horse right away we still need you!!

As we feared hay shortages and gas prices are causing many more miniatures to come into cmhr. Unfortunately we are setting records almost every week.

Please help if you can!

Kay

I second that. Foster homes are going to be desperately needed in the Ca AZ TX area. Did I say desperate!!! Yes and I mean it.

Ginny

I would love to be a foster home, but unfortunately I'm too far off the beaten path. I'm literally in the middle of nowhere in NE Montana.

I find it so hard to believe that minis will lose their homes due to the hay shortage; relatively speaking, they eat so little (so less expensive than full-size), that it isn't impossible to feed them bagged complete feeds (hay cubes, hay pellets, beet pulp, etc) to stretch whatever hay is available or replace hay til the new season. [i may be way off base, but I still don't get it].

We raise cattle and only have about half our needed/usual hay put up for the winter (there is none to be found); we will be stretching the cows hay with "cake" (pelleted grain, don't know why they call it cake when its for cows). We should have enough hay for the full-size horses (big rounds fed from a feeder) and I have small squares for the minis (should be plenty, especially with the grass hay pellets I have).

chanda

I think what we have here is a domino effect. Now keep in mind that due to drought some southern states are paying 15.00 per bale for hay!!! Some cant find it even at that price. Thats exspensive even if you only have a few horses.

With gas prices climbing many are not making the incomes they previously made or are worried, experiencing job layoffs.

Since most people view horses as a luxury they are always the first thing to go
default_sad.png

Wish you were closer!!!

Anita..

Would you please send me your e-mail addy and I will send you the paperwork.

Thanks for helping CMHR
default_smile.png

Gini

You can count on me. North east Texas, one hour from Dallas

Anita

chanda

I think what we have here is a domino effect. Now keep in mind that due to drought some southern states are paying 15.00 per bale for hay!!! Some cant find it even at that price. Thats exspensive even if you only have a few horses.

With gas prices climbing many are not making the incomes they previously made or are worried, experiencing job layoffs.

Since most people view horses as a luxury they are always the first thing to go
default_sad.png

Wish you were closer!!!
Kaykay,

In my head I know this and it makes perfect sense, but in my heart, I just hate to see this kind of thing happen.

I feel my senior half-Arab gelding was a rescue. I bought him from a private party; all the other horses and mules were sleek and fat, but my poor guy was 200 pounds under weight, he was only 3. I'm surprised he didn't founder when I brought him home and turned him out on nice, lush green pasture (his young age probably saved him that fate - he was my first horse and still my first love).

Kay, is it possible to post this on the main forum so more people see it?

Fran

I think we need a running list of foster homes posted on here so we can see where everyone is at.

It is a really big responsibility but the rewards are AWESOME......................
default_yes.gif
:

Do you have any foster homes in the NH area?

Champ

I'm willing too Kay. I'm in between AZ and TX and I can also help haul a bit too.

[SIZE=18pt]If everyone that can help e-mail my address and I will forward on the foster papers we need[/SIZE]

to have in place.

You are all awesome!!!!

[SIZE=18pt][email protected] [/SIZE]

ALRIGHTTTTTTT.........Way to go gang. Now if everyone will get Foster Applications filled out and put on file we will be doing great.......I am in North Georgia........so we are spreading out.........YEAHHHHHHHHH

I can foster in central Illinois. No mini experience but lots of horse and sheep/goat/cattle experience. I also rehab wildlife. Have empty stalls and full hayloft.

Kathie

Ok, what is involved here in a rescue foster home? We may have a couple of spare pens and are located just north of Phoenix AZ.

Who is responsible for vet bills, etc...??

My daughter and I may be interested. We both work full time but have horses and extensive horse knowledge.

We have taken in full sized rescues in the past (along with dogs, cats, goats, and some wildlife) on our own as we could out of our own pocket (in fact my daughter's POA mare and my granddaughter's Arabian mare are both rescues that have forever homes with us) We have had other rescues that we 'fixed up' and replaced in excellent homes.

Please fill me in...

foster homes pay for normal customary care such as hay, deworming and normal trimming. CMHR pays all vet bills, special feeds if needed and trimming if extra trimming or exstensive trimming is needed. For their work foster homes get first chance to adopt at no fee
default_smile.png

I emailed Gini for forms on adoption, but I haven't had a response! I emailed, I think, on Monday. Northeast Texas here, too....

Back