We really need foster homes!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can foster also, I am in Southeast texas. I have a vet that helps out on the rescues, and I worked extensively with a huge rescue group up until a few months ago. I took in personal rescues, and ran out of room for big horses!!

I just sent in my application for membership and state coordinator. Should have gotten off of my butt and did it sooner. Sorry.

Hi! Im located in Louisiana, and have miniature horse experience, I use to own 5 of them but got into the Draft horses, I can take a few in. I have a GREAT vet and farrier. I can also work with the problem ones. I had some in the past that were never handled or abused and scared of people. I am working with a QH weanling on trust issues right now, and we are doing GREAT! The problem is I do not have my trailer as it is in KS and wont have it until Nov. So transportation would be a problem for me right now.

Hopefully I can foster in the future! Good luck getting homes for these little guys. Y'all are doing such a great job!

I can put my "mitt" on a foster mini or 2 - Central Michigan - Middle of the Mitten!

I'll send for the application form

Ruffian

NOW THAT WE HAVE SOME AWESOME FOSTER HOMES COMING OUT OF THE WOODWORK, MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, WE CAN GET SOME TRANSPORTATION TOGETHER.

IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT COULD DONATE SOME SHIPPING????

PRO HAULERS THAT CAN GIVE A MINI A RIDE AND WRITE THAT OFF ON TAXES????

THEN MAYBE WE CAN CONNECT SOME OF THESE NEEDY MINIATURE HORSES TO SOME OF THE MORE DISTANT FOSTER HOMES!!!!

ANYBODY???

Lauralee,

Larry tries to help in moving rescue horses whenever he can, but unfortunately he's without his truck and trailer for a couple of weeks at least and will also be gone on a business trip with his other job.........in a CAR.

The timing with all of this is bad with personal situations or we'd be able to assist. I'm so sorry.

MA

Is there any need for a foster home in SW Ohio? I have some room if needed.
default_yes.gif
:

Oh yeah. I own several minis and full sized horses. 10 acres and a barn..

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=12pt]Hi there, I am in central Alabama and I would love to help out. We have room and love to share! I am emailing for the paperwork now. Any immediate need in my area?[/SIZE]

Thanks for all that you guys do, God bless you!
default_yes.gif
: Shannon

Thank you Shannon, there's not a need today, but tomorrow??? Who knows.

Ginny

[SIZE=12pt]Ginny, I had no idea the hay shortage was causing so many problems in the south. I was really shocked at what I have read about the surrender and seizure of horses lately. Here in Alabama the hay is still reasonably priced fortunately. I would love to open my home to any minis that need one. I read somewhere that no one wanted to foster stallions, but that would not be a problem for us here. We are in the process of finishing our personal barn. We have four stalls finished and there will be nine more including a huge foaling stall when we are done. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt][/size] [/SIZE]

I will fill out the paperwork so you will have it if you ever need me!
default_yes.gif
: Shannon

Wow, you can take a bunch
default_rolleyes.gif
: We'll keep you posted.

Ginny

[SIZE=12pt]Ginny, I am filling out my member app and foster app. Can I send them in together or do I need to send the member app first and get a member # so I can put it on my foster app? Thanks, Shannon[/SIZE]

Hi

We've been a bit busy and really haven't had time to discuss a numbering system. So...just send everything along!!

Ginny

[SIZE=12pt]Okay, good. I didn't have any pictures of our barn and place printed out, but I wanted to go ahead and get the paperwork in the mail to you. So I can email some to you if you would like when the time comes. Thanks again, Shannon
default_smile.png
[/SIZE]

I really wish that I could be a foster home. I'm not sure about what my landlord would say. But if you do have any that get close to my way, I'll really try and push the issue more with them. They let me get my two, just not sure how many more they will let me have
default_rolleyes.gif
:

I would love to foster a few minis in CA, though at the moment there's really nowhere to keep them. Either way i'll try to find someplace or at least help in random ways. Good luck. =/

I would love to be a foster mom when we get our barn up in the spring-we have 2 sheds, but there's no room YET for horses. I'm in NE Pa. I'll email you for an application.

Back