We have found a horse...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julie/Azariah

Reaction score
I just received a call from a lady in West Virginia... near Charleston... off of route 77 I believe she said.

They have found a miniature horse stud. By teeth approximately 6 yrs old or so... Stallion.

They are sending me pix and measuring him for me. They have contacted all authorities in their area, have gone door to door and have not found anyone missing him. They are near an interstate... so he could have come out of a trailer.

From her description, he is a very well proportioned miniature horse, well cared for, well groomed and obviously handled.

Please put this out there. Though they have people who will take him, they truly want to find his owner. I know someone is probably very frantically looking for their boy!!!

If you are missing your stallion... please message me or email me. I will compare your description with the photos.. not sure I want to post pictures and fully describe him as I need the owner to identify him.

I know the LB community can do this
default_wink.png
... lets make someone's day and send this little man home!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well thank goodness he is alive and well if he did come off of a traveling trailer. Have they contacted local animal control?

I he jumped out of a trailer maybe the driver doesn't know he is gone, and won't know until they stop. Hope for a happy outcome for this little guy!

post photos on net posse ... he could have been stolen and then let go.

Net posse gets results. good luck

maybe he was stolen and then abandoned for some reason , l hope he soon gets home

Perhaps he's micro-chipped; it's becoming more and more popular. Something like this sure does make a good argument for chipping our horses! Hoping his owner is found with a happy reunion soon!

tried to go on net posse... but... when going in to file a found horse report it asks for all kinds of info like his name and information.... not sure if I make things up for all of that??? almost seems like I am in the wrong page for filing a found horse report???? Anyone ever do this??

`microchipping is a great idea , here in Ireland and in the UK its already mandatory

Maybe I titled this wrong at first... We have a horse... and we need to locate his owner...

Does anyone know anything about a horse that is missing???

We just dealt with a large horse who was found and stayed here overnight. I had to keep calling both city and county law enforcement. I knew she belonged to someone as she to was well fed ect. Ended up her owners were out of town and she escaped given the time of year I think that is a pretty good possibility. I would put flyers up at local feed stores a neighbor is bound to recognize him

considering he is a stallion, he could of traveled, we had a small pony stud who would travel about a half mile to our property and pace our fence at our horses... owners finally realized proper fencing was needed for him...

wow what a story - I too hope for a happy ending. I'd definitely make the owner identify/describe him. If he's registered, wonder if you could ask for copy of the papers to be scanned and emailed to ensure he's being released to the appropriate people. Just never know anymore what people are up to these days.

Not sure how to find the info, but I would think there must a miniature horse group in the Charleston area. They may be able to help if the horse is lost from a local farm.

Perhaps someone could look up a number in the phone book of a horse food suppliers in the area the horse was found and get them to ask around!

Local law enforcement and animal control needs to be notified. Here we have a dept of agriculture too that could be notified perhaps. I would make flyers and hang in all the local feed stores or any horse related places. Also contact a local vet- if not their patient they can certainly notify quickly other vets in the area (ours do anyhow) but send a photo along with the notifications- this is the quickest way to get the horse recognized. Also, we have used craigslist to post notifications... make SURE the person claiming the horse is the actual owner somehow- family pics, or bill of sale, papers, something to prove so some idiot is not claiming it.

Latest posts

Back