We Have A Baby!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cat_in_the_hat72

Reaction score
We bought Dolly the end of January and figured we were due to expect a foal any day. She was hand bred March 20th but put out with the stallion after that til November. So month after month we waited. I figured she was holding out to cook all the spots off and add the extra plumbing. I was pretty darn close at that guess. I finally got the call yesterday she had foaled a little colt early that morning. Course she had to do it all by herself while no one was looking but thankfully all went well. I get out there and lay eyes on a little bay colt. Now just to tell you mama is registered black and so is papa. Hmmmmm something tells me someone's not black. Thinking it may be Dolly as she has a brown nose and tends to look sunbleached. You can see her in the pics. But anywho I'd like to introduce Moonstone's Buffalo Bill Cody (name pending) bay colt born Thurday July 6th.
cody.jpg

cody2.jpg

Resized the pics as I noticed they got all fuzzy for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats. arent u glad he finally arrived????? :aktion033:

Congratulations on a pretty boy. I to think his momma is a bay, a dark one. Maybe

a black bay, but she is very pretty. I really like his name, what a cute name. I don't

get how you guys can name them so fast. We have a leopard filly born a month ago.

Still no name for her. Still trying to find that perfect name for her.

Contratulations again, on a pretty boy. And yep you were right, its a boy and

no spots.. is dad a spotted one.

Congrats

Vicky

:aktion033: :aktion033:

Thank you so much. I'm so proud of her especially being a first time momma. Dad is spotted and has quite a bit of white too. He did end up with one spot right on his butt and into his tail. He also has one stocking and looks like the rest may have some white as well. She sure tried to cook them all off. You can see his spot better in this pic. I might end up having her tested to see what she really is. I didn't get a real good look at dad to really determine who the bay culprit is, but good guess it's her. As for the name I only had 5 months waiting for him to come out to come up with it. :bgrin I'm just glad he finally arrived safe and sound.

cody3.jpg

Dad is a Pinto, right??

Baby is a minimal- I think, Tobiano, Bay Pinto.

Mama is a dark Bay, not Black!!

Cute foal, congratulations.
default_yes.gif
:

Yes dad is a pinto. He appears to be tobiano with almost the same white legs as baby. I definatly wondered when I bought her as her papers said she was black. Anyone know what it entails to change the color on her papers or is it even worth it?

VERY cute baby....well worth the wait! Yes, I believe his Mama is a black/bay. I also had a bright, blood-bay mare once, and both her parents were listed as black.
default_rolleyes.gif
: Well, obviously one had to be a dark bay. Some of the really dark bays DO appear to be black. You have to inspect the hairs on the muzzel to be sure.
default_yes.gif
:

He looks like our Porcelain, our first baby ever. She is a blood bay, with the pinto

marking on the left side too. Now she is getting some white hairs on the right side.

She is about 5 years old now. I love his name, its perfect for him. What a cutie.

Congratulations again.

Vicky

:aktion033: :aktion033:

:aktion033: Hurrah! He's arrived safely. And what a doll. Love that rump :bgrin I think I'd have to call him Tail End Charlie LOL For the white on rump and waiting so long to get him on the ground.

My Shortcake is same as your mare and we call her a dark Bay. Congrats, Maxine

Latest posts

Back