We got our new pony today!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gambler

Reaction score
default_laugh.png
Can I turn him out with my mini? How long does it take for the hormones to be gone? He seems very sweet and is very beautiful. Very happy with our new guy, who is going to be grandaughters barrel and gymkhana pony. Yee haw!!
default_new_shocked.gif

I was told by my vet aleast 30 days and I waited about 45 days till he was turned out with others.

default_unsure.png

I was told by my vet aleast 30 days and I waited about 45 days till he was turned out with others.
default_wacko.png
I guess I have a couple more weeks to wait, lol. I put him out with my mini and he kept trying to mount him, which was not pleasing to Gambler, lol. But my little grandaughters came over and rode him today and he was a perfect gentleman, of course I was right there to be sure. He is easy, easy to groom and tack up, too. We are very happy with Bullet.

Oh, I think most of us assumed you meant when were you safe that an accidental breeding wouldn't occur. And I think you are referring to 2 geldings?

Oh, I think most of us assumed you meant when were you safe that an accidental breeding wouldn't occur. And I think you are referring to 2 geldings?
default_wacko.png
Yes, we have 2 geldings. One is a double registered mini/pinto and the other an unregistered Shetland. We have been turning them out together and Bullet still tries to mount, but Gambler gives him a good kick, and I think that will break him of the habit. LOL!
default_laugh.png

Latest posts

Back