We finally got our new mare home

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minimor

Reaction score
We finally got Lucky Hart's A Little Faith home last early last week. We bought this little girl from Renee at Lucky Hart in August '04 but left her there to foal out and then be bred back. She foaled a red colt by Lucky C Farms Robby in May '05, & then was bred back to Little Kings Buckeroo God for an early June (?) foal. She was supposed to come home last fall but that didn't work out, so she has just now arrived. She's definitely in foal, as we've seen it moving, and we've got our order in for a little palomino filly.
default_yes.gif
:

Please excuse the fuzzy photo--Faith was shown quite successfully as a yearling by Tara Reiten, but that was about 11 years ago & she was a little rusty on how to pose for a photo. This photo hardly shows her at her best, but in person she is a very pretty little mare and we are so very pleased with her. Needless to say, we are eager to see this foal!!

Faithinsnow_sm.jpg

And speaking of "rusty", Faith's '05 colt by Robby--Cedar Plains Rustic Red Robin aka "Rusty" arrived home with Faith. Poor fellow is 10 months old and just got his first halter lesson when we unloaded him off the trailer and led him across the yard to the corral. He's settled in nicely though and has two other boys for company. He comes up for oats & scratches but is still a little on the wild side, so it will be a few days before I have new photos of him. Renee kept telling me that he was a very nice colt, but SO TALL. She was right, he is very tall, considering his mother is 35" (if that) and his sire is, I think, 30"? But we like ‘em tall so that’s okay. He is a nicely put together colt & he sure can MOVE! He has a wonderful temperament too--while he's a bit on the wild side from lack of handling he is very tolerant when we catch & handle him. Just a very kind colt. I did have him on our sale page but have now taken him off--he can stay around awhile & maybe be a driving gelding for us.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are you doing apologizing for that photo?? She looks LOVELY, all sweet and kind and beautifully put together. I much prefer a soft-n-sweet photo like that to your standard halter shot everyone takes. She is gorgous and I can't wait to see her two foals.
default_yes.gif
:

Leia

:aktion033: :aktion033: Congratulations!!! :aktion033: :aktion033: Can't wait to see that foal!!

Today has been such an exciting day on the forum!!! :bgrin

WOW Holly, that is one nice mare, and what a foal that will be!! Big congrats!

Great pic and pretty girl!

Sounds like Momma and her son have landed themselves a wonderful home!

I am glad to hear you will be enjoying her little colt to his full potential
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:

Hope you get what you ordered
default_yes.gif
:

[SIZE=14pt]Congratulations shes a beauty! Love those George babies you are sooo lucky to be getting one![/SIZE]

Lyn

First, congrats on the new mare and foal. Your mare is beautiful. I can't wait to see pictures of the colt too. And the baby to come is going to be a really nice horse....I am jealeous....I want a George foal.

I bought a filly from Renee in 2004 too. She was foaled in May but I didn't get her until Thanksgiving of 2004. I thought I was just going to die before I got this filly. We couldn't find shipping until Renee's sweet friend (Mary Ann and her hubby) came to our rescue. My filly is a palomino out of Robby and one of Renee's beautiful mares. The filly was very spirited and wild when I first got her. Renee had warned me.

She has really came around to us but she will always be spirited. She approached me out the pasture the first spring and came right up to me while my back was turned. I thought "this is good". She is getting used to me and being curious. Then, she bite me in the butt and took off running. I had to laugh. She is very beautiful but can still be a handful.

I can understand how you might want to keep your colt as gelding. If he has the same great movement as my filly.... watch out show ring. I would love to be able to have my girl trained by a professional if I can afford it.

Can't wait to see pictures of the George foal when it comes. It will be beautiful. And I will be really jealeous if it is a palomino.

Freida

OH MY!!! She's beautiful!
default_wub.png
:

What a lovely mare! I can't wait to see her George baby.

Congrats on her & Rusty!
default_yes.gif
:

Beautiful mare
default_yes.gif
: you just can't beat those Lucky Hart mares.....any I've known have been wonderful mothers and are easy foalers. So Congratulations By George :aktion033:

Beautiful mare and congrats on her colt ! I like your colts name, Rusty
default_wink.png
:

Keep us posted on your 06 baby
default_smile.png

Thank you all. We bought Faith from a photo--one photo--and never did get down to see her, so we waited a long time to see her. She's our 3rd Lucky Hart mare, though the other two didn't come directly from Renee's. One of them, our grey mare Tallie, became scratching buddies with Faith right away--Faith acted like she knew Tallie was "from home"!

I bought a filly from Renee in 2004 too. She was foaled in May but I didn't get her until Thanksgiving of 2004. I thought I was just going to die before I got this filly. We couldn't find shipping until Renee's sweet friend (Mary Ann and her hubby) came to our rescue. My filly is a palomino out of Robby and one of Renee's beautiful mares. The filly was very spirited and wild when I first got her. Renee had warned me.

She has really came around to us but she will always be spirited. She approached me out the pasture the first spring and came right up to me while my back was turned. I thought "this is good". She is getting used to me and being curious. Then, she bite me in the butt and took off running. I had to laugh. She is very beautiful but can still be a handful.
Freida, I had to laugh when I read about your filly taking a chomp at your butt & then running off. Gotta love that attitude don't you?? I remember when Mary Ann made that trip down & delivered your filly to you. It was Mary Ann that brought back our two horses last week too!

What a pretty little mare! I'll be watching for pics of that yearling and, of course, pics of her '06 George baby!!! How lucky are you. I'll be hoping for a palomino filly for you.

I totally know what you mean getting a "wild" one from Renee. We had one of those but boy was he worth it!!!

Beautiful mare, I am SO jealous! Best wishes for dark, golden filly w/silver ringlets of mane and tail. *sigh* I missed my chance for one of those this year. I got a buckskin (silver) colt. ;)

default_smile.png

Liz

Congratulations...what a pretty mare! I'm sure you'll LOVE your George foal...I have a 2005 palomino filly and 2 more George foals on the way. He's really putting some nice foals on the ground.

Tracy

Congrats she really is a very pretty mare. What expression she has.

Back