We are thrilled to announce our new addition

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

susanne

dB
Reaction score
Introducing our new addition, Cherry-Hill Scarlet Ribbons!

current photo

s6300013run-adj.jpg

as a baby with mom, Cherry-Hill Olympic Victory

scarletandvickybabyshot.jpg

She is a 25% Arenosa yearling, a granddaughter of Flabys Mr. Chips. She is currently registered ASPC (she is classic with foundation certificate) and will be hardshipped into AMHR if she stays under 38 inches (she is 34 inches as a yearling) she is much prettier than these photos show, and she has a delightful personality -- spirited and sensitive, yet gentle and sweet. She will be so much fun to work with!

Sire: Masters Captain Gorgeous George

Dam: Cherry-Hill Olympic Victory

I had the great fortune to meet Shayleen Garner, and we will co-own her (thanks to your comments on my earlier post, we've worked out a very thorough written agreement...I've probably driven poor Shayleen nuts with my endless list of details to agree upon!).

For those of you in the area, I'll be showing her at the Columbia County Fair next weekend as a warmup (missing Crown Point, sadly, as both she and Mingus need more conditioning). We'll also register her as Pinto, and plan to show her at Area VIII, assorted Pinto shows in the area and at the state fair (Mingus will, of course, show at the Evergreen show).

A side note, and proof that this is meant to be...

As some of you know, our horses are all named after famous jazz musicians. While we did not select her name, Scarlet Ribbons is the name of a jazz standard (song) recorded by many...perhaps even by some of our horses' namesakes.

Now we have our work cut out for us putting in a second corral for her (she will live here), as she is too tiny and delicate to be in withh the boys (at least for now), plus we need to add my name to her papers and register her with PtHA.

(Perhaps I should also post this on the Pony Talk forum, but hopefully she will stay under so we can get her in AMHR, so I think this is fair...)

Last edited by a moderator:
That is wonderful Susanne!! She is beautiful!!

My sons Silver bay roan pony was from Cherry Hill too. Small world.

OK,, email me with day and time because I want to go see her and you at the fair!!

Shari,

The show starts at 8 and just rolls along in order of classes.. exact class times depend upon number of entries. I believe the order is stallions, geldings, then mares, I believe then the specific mini class is closer to noon.

:aktion033: Congratulations!!! Can't wait to see her at Monroe!!! :D

Congrats! I really like her and if you say those pictures don't even show how beautiful she is, then she must be really awesome! :aktion033:

wow congrats! im so happy for you! my bet is she stays under. most of my B's were 35-36" at one year and then stopped. they seem to grow much more the first year then the minis.

Wow Susanne!!! Congrats!!! :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

She is beautiful!! I cant wait to see her!!
default_wub.png
:

Now that I know that the fair show is next weekend, I'm kicking myself...I wouldve like to have shown at that show...*sigh* Oh well, I may come out and watch...

Oh, Susanne she's gorgeous! But how unfair to tease me that you have pretty new horse and instead of bringing her along to Pacific Crown you withdraw Mingus so I don't get to see any of you!
default_crybaby.gif
: I'm so sad. :no:

Leia

Ohh Susanne I was so excited to see this!!! She is BEAUTIFUL..looks like those fine legs go for miles..Congratulations! :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Susanne --

WOW!!!

Congratulations on your new girl!!!!

Really, though, I think you maybe want to think of her as Cobalt Ribbons -- that's the color with which she'll probably have the most affinity :bgrin

Also, I think that you will enjoy co-ownership. I have really enjoyed sharing Destiny with Erica, more than words can say. When he comes home this fall, I'll be excited to lay some hugs on him but I'll also have a big knot in my stomach.

It's added so much to the joy of Destiny that I've been able to hae a "partner" to share the pride and mile stones with over the years. It just really ads to it knowing someone else loves the horse just as much as you do.

Congrats on your new little lady!

Jill

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi susanne,

Man,, that sure makes it hard to figure out when to be there. Humm.. Not sure if you are going to check you r email this morning but would me getting there around 11:30am be ok? Would that be before you show?

:new_shocked: What a beautiful filly she is. Almost wrote that check myself for her. Then got some self-control and said nope. This girl deserves to be shown and I'm sure everyone who knows me knows that

what going to happen with my ownership. Susanne is going to do great with this little filly. Susanne doesn't know it yet but there might be another surprise coming her way that will help her in the future. Just waiting for her phone call so I can make her an offer.
default_yes.gif
:

:lol: I'm getting ready to watch this little filly go all the way with Susanne as her handler. :aktion033:

Thanks everyone for your sweet comments -- we are ecstatic!

Have I mentioned before what a wonderful, generous friend Marie is? The surprise she mentioned is thaht, since she will be buying a w horse trailer, we will have use of her smaller single horse trailer -- just perfect with our towing vehicles, perfect for minis and small ponies! We already have it up here, and Keith did a masterful job of maneuvering and parking it in our fairly tight driveway/parking.

Shari, I think that you would make the mini class at that time...hard to say for yearlings and mares. I need to dig out their flyer and do some calculating.

Leia, I was already feeling guilty about that! And just as I regretted being at the Evergreen show for just one day, I know I'll really regret missing this one. Maybe our fairy godmother will swoop down tonight and magically transform them!

Latest posts

Back